How to download panda3d for C++?

It is downloading.
And also I am very sorry for being a pain I am very new to c++
So I didn’t know about this whole includes and compilers

If you wind configring in VS hard, you leave VS (don’t uninstall), download Code::Blocks, and configure like so:

We don’t support Code::Blocks, only Visual Studio on Windows. But it sounds like you’re on Linux?

This is a problem. It is not possible to use Panda3D with C++ without prior C++ experience. I suggest starting with Python instead, or learning C++ before starting Panda3D.

I would advise against learning python if your goal is C++. I used to think that if I started with Python, it would be easier for me to master C++. However, I can’t change my habits that I developed on python.

For example: declare a variable without specifying the type, and print anything I want through the print function. And much more. Now it’s trite harder for me to switch to C++, so I’m used to python.

The problem is that OP does not know C++ yet. Without solving this problem first, there will be a hundred other problems.

No. @serega-kkz has posted the video and it worked on Windows. What he told is that we tell Visual Studio to compile the C++ code on Code::Blocks. It is like using VS but instead we are using it through another IDE. I think Code::Blocks is easier because I learned C++ in Code::Blocks.

I can add that you don’t need an IDE to work in C++. You can use any IDE if you know how to configure it. All the IDE does is pass parameters to the compiler and linker.

However, in Windows has a problem with the compiler, panda is stuck on a non-free compiler from Microsoft.

1 Like

Why is that?

This is because Panda compiles on a compiler from Microsoft. And it is not possible to build it using other compilers in Windows. Although this is fixable, no one has done it yet.

I got that much but is it because of some library or something? I dont know much about compiling.