how can I use panda3d with c++ in vscode?

hello, I am starting to use panda, but how can I use it with c++ and vscode, I have seen the documentation but it only explains how to use it with microsoft visual studio 2015, it is worth mentioning that I am in windows 10, I have installed the copilador for c++ I have the g++ (Rev6, Built by MSYS2 project) 12.2.0 and I have installed the sdk 1.10.11 of panda3d, at the moment only that I do not know if I need something else.

Hi, welcome to the community!

You should be able to use VSCode, as long as you still have the compiler installed. You will need to configure VSCode to invoke the compiler in the correct manner. Off the top of my head, I’m not sure how to do this.

It’s also possible to use a build system like CMake to build your application, to take care of invoking the compiler for you. The build system can be invoked from the command line or VSCode can be configured to invoke it.

I see that you have just edited your post to include that you are using MinGW. We do not officially support building with MinGW, so you’re on your own with that. I recommend installing the latest Visual C++ compilers instead.

hello, thank you for the welcome and for answering, which c++ copiler do you recommend, is it also possible to copy and build my program with python scons, how do you deal with panda3d with c++?

I recommend Visual Studio C++ 2022.

It is probably possible to use Scons, sure.