How about some other Forum Sections?

Hi! After we get more and more questions, why not opening a few new Forum sections? I am thinking about two in particular…

General Python Coding (involving other Python modules such as PyODE, PyGame, whatever and/or general questions about Python that are not questions that are directly related to Panda3D)

And a complete Off-Topic Board? Maybe the Panda3D programmers can talk there about Ogre or how to avoid getting the flu? Or maybe how to update a forum? :wink:

Just a few thoughts… what do you think?

Regards, Bigfoot29

i personally do my general python questions at python-forum.org.

the off-topic board would be fun, though… as long as it’s not too offtopic.

A good idea.
Off topic would be great because people who don’t want to read offtopic post haven’t to read them they can click on “Mark all forums read”.
Isn’t this a “General Discussion” topic :wink:.

I’d say so! :wink: But yes, as you two might guess, I do like the idea. :slight_smile:

Avoiding the flu would be helpful for me, since I’m currently programming a game and referencing my box of tissues pretty often. I think it’s just a two day cold though.

For general python reference stuff, I’ve found this page to be a good reference. It allows me to quickly find what I need most of the time without having to wade through paragraphs assuming I’ve never seen a computer before.
http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

Also very helpful is the “help” command in python. If you open an interactive terminal (just run ppython, or python on any UNIX system), you can run help on any object or its class name

>>> x = [1,2,3]
>>> help(x)
Help on list:
[1, 2, 3]

>>> help(list)
 | Help on class list in module __builtin__:
 | class list(object)
 |  Methods defined here:
 |  
 |  ...etcetera