Harvest by Damage (6th in the Revision 2024 PC Demo Competition)

Released at Revision 2024 (“We are Many”), our (meaning: made by Damage group) production entitled “Harvest” (which is an invitation demo for Xenium Demoparty) took 6th place in the PC Demo Compo category.

Credits:

Code - @miklesz (Mikołaj Leszczuk)
Music - Dan (Daniel Lulkowski)
Graphics - Facet (Martijn van Meel)

It’s not just a PC demo, but a multiplatform demo for PC (Windows/Linux) and Mac, made with Python, GLSL and Panda3D. We developed it on macOS and tested it quite extensively on Windows. It should work on Linux as well, although we haven’t tested it on much that platform.

4 Likes

So sick!

I was so hyped, I was ready to run through a wall at the intro

Hi Miklesz (and Damage),

Great news and thanks for this! Still so glad to see P3D used to create demos!
Camera movements are always great: don’t hesitate to let us know how you managed to make them.

Keep going!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support! I’m thrilled to see such positive feedback on our use of P3D in our demos. Regarding the camera movements, I’m more than happy to share our approach and the techniques we employed to achieve the smoothness and dynamics of those movements. If you have any questions or would like to delve deeper into the technical details, please feel free to ask. I’m here to share our knowledge and experience.

Best regards and thank you again for the support!

1 Like