Golf game

Hi guys.

I’m starting a final project in my Virtual Environment class and I plan to do a simple golf game. Simple meaning that you would only have to chose club and strength, no wind, no fade or draw and, probably in the beginning, just a flat surface. I’m planing to use PyOde on the ball and add force to it on impact, setting velocity and power according to club selection and strength.

Now. Why am I telling you this? Well, I’m not very good in creating 3D objects. I’m not that familiar with Blender and I don’t know how to use Photoshop. I need some help in creating the terrain (the golf hole), preferably with a height map . It should have at least three different surfaces: Fairway, rough and green. But most importantly, I need some help in creating the golf player. I want it to be a 3D actor and hopefully having four different animations (full swing, half swing, chip and put).

I’m probably going out on a limb here, but you wouldn’t have an object like that lying around, would’ya ?? No, didn’t think so :wink:

But any help would be appreciated and duly credited. Any sites you know of that I could “borrow” some objects that I can use in my game?

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
KK

ps.
If this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move the topic.

Turbosquid has lots of 3D models, and quite a few freebies.

Just a note, you mention PyODE for physics (Good choice :stuck_out_tongue:) -The Disney guys have a lecture about using ODE with panda, and towards the end one of them actually talks about a golf game they made, and how they handled the physics for it. (It is actually a lecture about pandaODE, but all the same stuff applies). Dunno if you’ve already listened to it, but it might be of interest.