GLSL shader and correct input names

Hello!

I just tried to get simplest GLSL (with 1 texture) shader working with panda3d. And I find lots of problems with correct input names for shader.
Finally I got it working with code above, hope someone will find it usefull.
Does anybody have other working sample? Is this problem the same as in [url]GLSL shader problem]?

Vertex shader:

attribute vec2 p3d_MultiTexCoord0;
attribute vec4 p3d_Vertex;
varying vec2 texcoord0; 

void main() {
    gl_Position = gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * p3d_Vertex;
    texcoord0 = p3d_MultiTexCoord0;
}

And fragment shader

varying vec2 texcoord0; 
uniform sampler2D p3d_Texture0;

void main() {
    gl_FragColor = texture2D(p3d_Texture0, texcoord0);
}

As you see, I have used p3d_Vertex instead of gl_Vertex in vertex shader - with gl_Vertex object disappears. Also I must to use p3d_Texture0 and p3d_MultiTexCoord0 to get access to texture and uv data. All attempts to get textures working with gl_MultiTexCoord0 are failed (object disappear again or drawn all black or shader ignored silently). Trying to pass texcoords from vertex to fragment shader with gl_TexCoord[0] failed silently also.
All working names are obtained after reading glShaderContext_src.cxx where shader inputs binding occurs. It has intresting line:

if (param_name.substr(0, 3) == "gl_") {
          // We shouldn't bind anything to these.

} else if (param_name.substr(0, 4) == "p3d_") {
          noprefix = param_name.substr(4);
          ... lots of binding code here, including normals, colors etc.

, which will bind only p3d_ prefixed attribs. I am not into OpenGL, but looks strange?

Thanks

UPDATE. I am using 1.8.0

gl_ inputs are bound by OpenGL itself, so they should work fine. However, there are some bugs in 1.8.0 that prevent this from working correctly. It should work in 1.7.2. Fixes are planned for the next bugfix release.

Thanks, understand. Any thought on time of next bugfix release? Is p3d_ based inputs will still work after bugfix?

The ones that work in 1.8.0 should still work in 1.8.1.