GeoMipTerrain Issues

First off let me say that I love this implementation of GeoMipMap algorithm. I implemented it myself once for another engine, but not nearly as well.

A couple of small issues I have noticed:

1. When using a NodePath with SetFocalPoint e.g. terrain.setFocalPoint(base.camera) the terrain does not update properly if the terrain is scaled in the x and/or y directions, but it does if using terrain.setFocalPoint(base.camera.getPos()). This is not exactly a bug, but I think it might be better if both methods gave the same result.

2. I am using a terrain splatting shader with my terrain. If I try to use setAutoFlatten, I lose the texturing (terrain gets rendered pure white) and performance plummets. I assume this is because the textures (and possibly the shader) I have set for the terrain are not applied to the flattened terrain. Is there any way around this?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

1. Hmm, thanks for reporting. I thought I’d fixed this before, but there seems to be a different issue. I’ll work on it.
    On a sidenote: does terrain.setFocalPoint(base.camera.getPos(terrain.getRoot()) work properly?

2. This is a known problem. I hope to have time to fix this soon. The way around is to make a function to texture it, and call this function every time update() returns more than 0.

1. That gives the same result as using the NodePath. i.e. focal point doesn’t scale properly.

2. Ahhh, so retuxturing will fix it. Good to know.

Thanks for the prompt reply.