FTL Jump Effect

I was working with the Volumetric Lighting Filter. I fixed my little bug according to the correction you give here: [url]Volumetric lighting in latest build] But i’m not really happy with the outcome.

I really have no idea what’s happening in this part of coding but, i was thinking…

• Can you (obviously I can’t) insert a code to disable Volumetric Light for non-glowing objects, same like the bloom filter not blooming when the alpha texture is black.
    And uh… Here! More illiteracy comes: I saw some shader files in the filter folder. It seems like filters kinda apply shaders all over the place. Why not use them (shaders) only on whatever we want to?

• Can i use this filters or shaders in sequences, or change some of their attributes in time, for making FTL like effects, like shining and disappearing by time and such, without messing up the renderer.

• In the end, using billboards with animated texture effects indeed seems the simple way, but how can i possibly do something like that? I mean isn’t it still so hard? Are there any softwares making this any easier? And can this one help me achieve my goal about FTL effect, like the real one?

Thanks for any help (: