[Free Game] SINC-R

Another jam, another game.
I’m still stuck in the neon/tron/outrun/synthwave theme, so if it looks a bit like the last game I made - that’s good!
This one is a racing game. But you race only against the clock - you have limited time to get to a checkpoint/gate, you get some extra time if you can make it, else it’s game over.
The track is kind of a twisted Möbius strip, you start on ‘top’ and after making a full lap you end up on the ‘bottom’ side (look for the triangle gate to mark laps).
DOWNLOAD (win and linux, sorry mac it wouldn’t have worked anyway):

As always I’ll be posting the full source code on Github, fixing the major bugs and adding some missing features - I just need to first do all the stuff I neglected because I was making this game.
Donations are welcome, but just reposting and sharing the game with others (or making a better version of it once the source is up!) would be great.
VIDEO:

7 Likes

That looks gorgeous! I’m having a problem with it though, double-clicking the .exe file after extracting doesn’t open the game. The window opens and closes in a literal flash.

There should be a sincr.log log file somewhere in /users/user_name/AppData/Local/
I’ll put the source on github today or tomorrow so it should be easier to debug when the errors are printed to the console.

Well, I found it, here you are:

Known pipe types:
  wglGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
:display:wgldisplay(error): Could not create GL context.
:display:wgldisplay(error): Closing window because no valid context is available.
:ShowBase(warning): Unable to open 'onscreen' window.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 848, in <module>
  File "main.py", line 43, in __init__
  File "C:\sinc-r\build\__whl_cache__\panda3d-1.10.2.dev14-cp37-cp37m- 
win_amd64.whl\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 274, in __init__
win_amd64.whl\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 940, in openDefaultWindow
win_amd64.whl\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 976, in openMainWindow
win_amd64.whl\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 725, in openWindow
Exception: Could not open window.

Just to communicate, I’m not expecting you to be all customer-service like, but I figured the log file would help you when you get around to it. :slight_smile:

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card?

Well, yes, but my graphics card is an Intel i5-2430M, which is no longer available to update on their website it’s so old. XD I’m running Windows 10 on a windows 7 laptop, so I’m not surprised my system is struggling.

There’s a config.ini file next to the exe, try removing the ‘gl-version = 3 2’ under the [panda3d] section. I got the game running on a Intel Atom tablet with multisamples = 0 at 800x600 at about 20-30fps so it’s not that resource heavy, but the Atom GPU (kind of) support ogl 4.x, and google tells me i5-2430m is only good for ogl 3.1. The shaders I used are version 130 so that’s ogl 3.0 - it could work if you kink out ‘gl-version = 3 2’

That got it going! Thank you! :smiley:

I’ve gone through a couple rounds of this (excellent music choice!) It’s a blast, however when running out of time I have to close the whole program and restart, as the checkpoint never resets the time twice. That leaves only half the time on a restart. (unless this is intentional?)