Free 2D Game Art for Your Projects

Hi everyone,

I’ve begun creating 2D game art that you are welcome to freely use in your projects. Some is pixel art, some is derived from 3D objects that I created, and others are backgrounds that might be useful in visual novels and interactive fiction. You’ll find them on my new “ART” pages on my website:

http://soundimage.org

The art pages are located at the bottom of the menu list on the right side of the screen.

At this point I’m experimenting with different styles and methods so hopefully I will be able to offer a good variety of things. Please feel free to modify / edit as needed. If you happen to find any of these images helpful and decide to use them, please attribute me in the “game art” section of your credits area.

Enjoy!

Wow, your music is amazing! I’m bookmarking this for when I need it.

Thanks, I really appreciate it and hope some of my work is helpful! :slight_smile:

I ventured into new territory this week and experimented with creating animated game art. Made a couple of lanterns that might work in RPGs or other things. One is an old style hand-held one…the other might work for a street or attached to a tavern or inn. Both shimmer with an amber glow. You’ll find them here:

I also created a treasure chest (with a couple of variations) that might come in handy. They are here:

Feel free to edit as needed.

Enjoy!

I opened a new page this week that has templates for maps. They might be handy for treasure maps, game world maps, etc. Just add graphics and text.

You’ll find them here:

Feel free to edit as needed.

Enjoy!

Greetings everyone,

Brand new backgrounds are ready for your projects here:

ART- Backgrounds – Nature

ART – Backgrounds – Ruins

As always, feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Have a great weekend!

Greetings everyone,

Continuing my mad experiments with various game art styles, I’ve got some pixel art planets and space rocks here:

ART- SPACE

They live toward the bottom of the page, so make sure to scroll down.

As always, feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Enjoy!

Hey guys,

More experiments with various game art styles. I’ve got some pixel art-style map templates here:

ART- MAP TEMPLATES

You’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

It was suggested to me that they might also be useful as backgrounds. Feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Btw, if anyone happens to have kids (or know someone who does) I’ve created a learning series that teaches them environmental stewardship in a fun way through stories and characters. It was my first try at making films with a DSLR…(they can be very challenging to work with in the field)…but I think the films came out pretty well. The organization I made them for was very happy with them and uses the films all the time…hopefully others can benefit from them as well. Please feel free to share with teachers, family, friends or anyone you know who might find them useful.

Enjoy!

I can’t believe May is almost over…what the hell happened to spring? I swear…time is going by faster and faster…yikes!

Anyhow, more new cartoon-style (for lack of a better word) texture images are here:

TXR – CONCRETE / PAVEMENT – Cartoon

TXR – GLASS – Cartoon
Some wild textures here…

TXR – GROUND – Cartoon

TXR – VEGETATION – Cartoon

If you find my work helpful (especially my music and sounds) please consider making a donation to my website. The synthesizers I use to create the music and sounds that I share with everyone are very expensive…so expensive, in fact, that I have to make monthly payments on them…and donations really help me a lot to pay for them. Thanks in advance…and please feel free to share your projects…I love to see how creative people are using my work!

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy…(and not going too crazy from being stuck inside.)

Anyhow, brand new free texture images ready on these pages:

TXR – Abstract

TXR – Rock/Stone – Seamless

More media creators have been asking about my higher quality Ogg music tracks. Please know that I’m in the process of creating them and uploading them to Gumroad, but it’s taking time since there are over 2000 tracks on my site. If you want an Ogg version of a track that isn’t available yet, just email me and I’ll be happy to create it for you and put it on Gumroad.

Be well.

Hi everyone,

Brand new seamless texture images are ready on these pages:

TXR – ABSTRACT

TXR – WOOD - SEAMLESS

For those of you who are using my music tracks, I had a request last weekend for a bunch of higher quality Ogg versions of my tracks that I hadn’t yet converted, so they are now available if anyone is interested. They are:

Funky Gameplay
Windle Pixel Saves the Day (Looping)
Puzzling Curiosities
Points Tally
Pixelin’ It Around Town
Mysterious Puzzle
Cyber Puzzles
Cryptic Puzzler 2
Arcade Puzzler_v001

They sound great and are a cool way to support my work. :slight_smile: