Donating models

Hi, I was wondering what the process is if I wanted to make some models availible for general use on the panda website. Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Contact me: jyelon@andrew.cmu.edu

• Josh

Hmmm… it would be good to know a general way what to do if someone wants to contribute Models. Is it always “email you”?

Maybe you want to give some hints what needs to be in the mail and what steps need to be done to avoid sending a cuple of mails just to submit a single model?

Anyways… Submissions are always welcome, turgoz! :smiley:

Regards, Bigfoot29

I think it should be like the gallery:

List of Artists and the License.

Well, nobody has ever volunteered a model before, so I don’t really have a process. Frankly, it doesn’t really matter. As long as the model is in some sort of reasonable format (max, maya, or egg), I can work with it. Of course, I also need to know the license, author name, and all that.

I actually do have a few models sitting around, that I collected from various people after a lot of begging, that I haven’t put into the archive yet. I should put those up.

Hello Josh,

Do you have a stick figure sitting around somewhere that you could put up on the web?
I have tried to use some of the models there, but you can’t rotate their joints. I am very new to modeling and rigging, so there may be something else that controls the joints that I am missing.
In any event, do you have a stick figure to donate to the community?

thanks.

Francisco.

i sorta like the idea of donating models. i still have a few ones around.
besides… ralph really needs a girlfriend. and maybe a few crazy pets or something like that :slight_smile:
i’ll see through my /model folder and see whats still of use :slight_smile:

Yap, good idea.

If any one of the donators needs space for the models - you know about Panda3DProjects. :slight_smile:

Regards, Bigfoot29

send in 2 models. an old jetpack guy made back in 2005 and a crazy chicken. hope they are of any use.
cute catgirl comes next. but this one will be fully animated and the animations are not yet finished. some things like idle and backflip are already done,thought. well you’ll have to wait a little bit more :slight_smile:

perhaps I’m missing the point, but there is definitely no shortage of free models available online at sites like turbosquid, quality is in the eye of the behodler since they are free- but they should all be in formats that you can convert to egg with 1 or 2 steps.

There are free models on turbosquid, but most models on turbosquid aren’t game ready (low poly, animated, in a format that can be converted to egg, ect…) Besides, the more the better.

i dont think panda should have models for download. Current models are not that “good” and show panda in worse light. There is plenty of other places to get free models.