Distribution issue when using pytransform3d library

Having a hard time with the distribution system for my app. I get the list of errors below which repeat until I get to a maximum recursion. To try and pinpoint the issue, I rolled back my code to a barebones panda3d app and used the basic distribution setup of the asteroids sample. Errors seem to occur as soon as I import the pytransform3d library via: import pytransform3d.rotations as pr

any thoughts on what I could try?

Errors observed:

self.import_hook(name, caller, [sub], level=level)
File “C:\Users\sruel\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\modulefinder.py”, line 178, in import_hook
self.ensure_fromlist(m, fromlist)
File “C:\Users\sruel\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\modulefinder.py”, line 268, in ensure_fromlist
submod = self.import_module(sub, subname, m)
File “C:\Users\sruel\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\modulefinder.py”, line 323, in import_module
m = self.load_module(fqname, fp, pathname, stuff)
File “C:\Users\sruel\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\direct\dist\FreezeTool.py”, line 2482, in load_module
co = compile(code, pathname, ‘exec’, optimize=self.optimize)
RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded during compilation

Make sure you have the latest version of the pytransform3d library installed. Try updating to the latest version available and see if the error occurs again.
Check the documentation for the pytransform3d library. It might require special settings or have restrictions that you should consider.
Check for conflicts with other installed libraries. You may have other packages installed that may cause problems when importing pytransform3d. Try temporarily removing or deactivating other packages and see if the error occurs.
Contact the pytransform3d developer community or support forums for help. Maybe other developers have already encountered the same problem and can suggest a solution or point out possible causes for the error.