DirectGui Designer

Ah, good then! :slight_smile:

I think that I’m just taking the risk of casting to either “int” or “float” at the moment–but I do have functions for producing a float- or int- value from a text-string, which I may well get around to applying in my inspector, too!

You can bind the “type” and “delete” events, if I recall correctly. (I haven’t checked the exact names, so those might be slightly inaccurate. There may be other relevant events, too.)

I’m glad! :slight_smile:

I will say that progress on my inspector is slow at the moment, as it’s a side-element in a side-project, and thus doesn’t get a lot of time.

It’s been a while since I implemented it, but looking quickly at the code it seems to be something like this:

• Each category has a frame, parented to the frame above it (or the base control in the case of the first category-frame).
  • Each frame contains a check-box, and a sub-frame containing the various data-entry controls.
  • When a check-box is toggled:
    • The associated sub-frame is either shown or hidden, according to the state of the check-box.
    • The following frame is repositioned, either directly below the check-box or directly below the sub-frame, according to the state of the check-box.

Since the frames are parented below each other, moving one of them up or down moves all of those below it.

[edit]
Update: I’m not longer confident about uploading that TabbedFrame class. It looks like I implemented it in a rather un-DirectGUI manner, and that re-engineering it to work in a DirectGUI manner might be tricky–especially as DirectGUI gets upset when you try to create option-defs for components that aren’t created at initialisation. :/

I might look through my code and see whether I have other DirectGUI subclasses that might be worth sharing.

Sorry about that! :/