Deferred Pipeline w/ Physically Based Shading

Hello tobspr

Please 1.

finalize.py file

Line from panda3d.core import PandaSystem

It is the collapse of the python and final assembly can not be completed due to problems with paths.

Can you remove it? It brings a lot of problems. Since the installation file launches the update and it is restored.

We have setup.py file which is located in the root, comment out these lines.

#print_step("Downloading the module builder ...")          
#exec_python_file("rpcore/native/update_module_builder.py")

Separately run update_module_builder.py

Then get rid of the lines from panda3d.core import PandaSystem
[/code]
in finalize.py file

And at least run setup.py in the root

And further…

You can make a fix in the setup.py file?

query = ("The C++ modules of the pipeline are faster and produce better\n "
"results, but we will have to compile them. As alternative,\n "
"a Python fallback is used, which is slower and produces worse\n "
"results. Also not all plugins work with the python fallback\n "
“(e.g. PSSM). Do you want to use the C++ modules? (y/n):”)

The problem of the text in line with the large console.

I plan to record a video for the russian community. By assembling the panda and render Pipeline.

And I would not want to fight sex video with this)

Sorry for
Google translator

I’m not sure if I understood your post right, but I removed the PandaSystem import from the finalize.py.

I have also adjusted the lines in the setup, which I will merge to the master branch soon.

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

Well thats a decision rdb has to make. I don’t really like the idea of including a fixed version of the Render Pipeline in Panda3D, since I’m constantly adding new features and bugfixes, but I won’t forbid it.

big thanks

Compilation is now finishes successfully c ++ modules.
Seven days and seven nights spent in the search for this line :smiley:

hostingkartinok.com/show-image.p … 377eccd04a
hostingkartinok.com/show-image.p … 19755d718c

In the post above I suggested then to add /n

Glad it works … yeah I will commit the fix for the line-wrapping as soon as I merge the new-post-fx branch, which will happen as soon as rdb reviews my patch about a new feature.

I have a problem with setting the path of the Render Pipeline my proyect is in this path “/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype” and the Pipeline is in this one “/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/renderpipeline” now i added in my main python file (which is Xtype) the following line sys.path.insert(0, “/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/renderpipeline”) but it throws me the error “ImportError: No module named rpcore” i have tried a lot of things but i get this error always, read some posts nothing, i dont know what to do if someone can help me it will be nice :unamused:

1. do so, set renderpipeline.
  2. Place your project in the samples.
  3. Remove all unnecessary . :slight_smile:

Problems with paths will not . :exclamation:

For you must work option : sys.path.insert ( 0 , “/renderpipeline”) :bulb:

In your case it shuold be sys.path.insert(0, “renderpipeline”). Make sure the directory is really named like that (Upper- and lower case).

Update:

I improved SSLR and made a small demo scene to show its effect:

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySc3B7JVUsY

(Full Res)

Good parked :slight_smile:

Installation video Pipeline
https://youtu.be/E9mu1jZ0b-I
(in Russian)

Cool! :slight_smile: I don’t speak russian so I didn’t understand much :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes guess what its me again sorry
I have installed the rendering pipeline from scratch, becouse i thought it will be better, i have installed PythonLibs, c++, gcc, cmake, and i think thats all, i have run setup.py it gets to step 2 but it throws me this error and i dont know what else to do

[ 56%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/interrogate_module.cpp.o
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/config_rsnative.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_spot_light.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_light.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_point_light.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/internal_light_manager.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Maybe my nickname 2lost4u was good i dont know how to get this working and i have little time to spend on it
Thanks in advance :smiley:

I am trying to run the setup.py installation and want to use the C++ modules. I have installed the windows 7.1 SDK and cmake.
Also Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 is installed. I get this error:

Process error:

-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (project):
  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

I have seen this error before in this forum, but I don’t understand how to solve that. CMakeError.log complains that it can’t find
the WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry, but when I type Set in the console it states:
WINDOWSSDKDIR = c:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\v7.1
so its there. I have included the location of the Visual Studio 10 compiler to the PATH variable

What am I forgetting here ?

Hm, it seems that an issue is occuring by something called by the make process - can you pastebin the whole log?

Try running “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\SetEnv.cmd /x64 /Release” to set the environment variables, and see if that helps

I did that already, and now again, but its still the same…

Thanks tobspr but im at Linux, how can i do that?

Hi,

I reinstalled the VC compiler and cmake can find the compiler, so that’s solved. But now I get other errors:

The C++ modules of the pipeline are faster and produce better results, but we will have to compile them. As alternative, a Python fallback is used, which is slower and produces worse results. Also not all plugins work with the python fallback (e.g. PSSM). Do you want to use the C++ modules? (y/n): 

[ 01 ]  Downloading the module builder ...
Running script: rpcore/native/update_module_builder.py
[ 02 ]  Building the native code .. (This might take a while!)
	Running script: rpcore/native/build.py
Failed to execute 'build.py'
Output: Command '['C:\\Panda3D-1.10.0-x64\\python\\python.exe', '-B', 'build.py']' returned non-zero exit status 1 
 Creating directory c:\RenderPipeline-master\rpcore\native\scripts\..\win_amd64_py27

Executing command:  cmake C:/RenderPipeline-master/rpcore/native -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE:STRING=C:\Panda3D-1.10.0-x64\python\python.exe -DPROJECT_NAME:STRING=native_ -DINTERROGATE_LIB:STRING=libp3interrogatedb -GVisual Studio 10 2010 Win64 -DPYTHONVER:STRING=27 -DUSE_LIB_EIGEN=TRUE -DIGATE_VERBOSE=0 -DOPTIMIZE=3 

Process error:

-- Found Windows SDK v7.1: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:197 (message):
  Interrogate failed: Executing command:
  C:\Panda3D-1.10.0-x64\bin\interrogate -fnames -string -refcount -assert
  -python-native -SC:\Panda3D-1.10.0-x64\include/parser-inc
  -SC:\Panda3D-1.10.0-x64\include/ -Igpu_command -Ilight_system -srcdir .
  -oc interrogate_wrapper.cpp -od interrogate.in -module native_ -library
  native_ -nomangle -DINTERROGATE -DCPPPARSER -D__STDC__=1
  -D__cplusplus=201103L -D__inline -D_X86_ -DWIN32_VC -DWIN32 -D_WIN32
  -DWIN64_VC -DWIN64 -D_WIN64 -D_MSC_VER=1600 -D"__declspec(param)="
  -D__cdecl -D_near -D_far -D__near -D__far -D__stdcall .\config_rsnative.h
  .\gpu_command\gpu_command.h .\gpu_command\gpu_command_list.h
  .\light_system\ies_dataset.h .\light_system\internal_light_manager.h
  .\light_system\pointer_slot_storage.h .\light_system\pssm_camera_rig.h
  .\light_system\pssm_helper.h .\light_system\rp_light.h
  .\light_system\rp_point_light.h .\light_system\rp_spot_light.h
  .\light_system\shadow_atlas.h .\light_system\shadow_manager.h
  .\light_system\shadow_source.h .\light_system\tag_state_manager.h

Process error:
  Attempt to define invalid type LVecBase3f const & (subtype 10)
  Type "parameter" has invalid CPPSimpleType: 11

[!] FATAL ERROR: Subprocess returned no-zero statuscode!

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "C:/RenderPipeline-master/rpcore/native/win_amd64_py27/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/RenderPipeline-master/rpcore/native/win_amd64_py27/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Setup failed:  Python script didn't return properly!
Please fix the errors and then rerun this file

However, when I look in CMakeOutput.log, it says that compiling is completed with 0 warnings and 0 errors.

Ok this will be long

[!] FATAL ERROR: Subprocess returned no-zero statuscode!
Failed to execute 'build.py'
Output: Command '['/usr/bin/python2.7', '-B', 'build.py']' returned non-zero exit status 1 
 Creating directory /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/scripts/../linux_amd64_py27
Executing command:  cmake /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE:STRING=/usr/bin/python2.7 -DPROJECT_NAME:STRING=native_ -DINTERROGATE_LIB:STRING=panda -DPYTHONVERDOT:STRING=2.7 -DUSE_LIB_EIGEN=TRUE -DIGATE_VERBOSE=0 -DOPTIMIZE=3 

Process output: 
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/linux_amd64_py27

Executing command:  cmake --build . --config RelWithDebInfo -- -j8 

Process error:
Scanning dependencies of target native_
[  6%] [ 12%] [ 18%] [ 25%] [ 31%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp.o
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_point_light.cpp.o
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_light.cpp.o
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_spot_light.cpp.o
[ 37%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/internal_light_manager.cpp.o
[ 43%] [ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/config_rsnative.cpp.o
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp.o
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/interrogate_module.cpp.o
In file included from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.cpp:28:0:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:109:24: error: ‘ies_profile’ has not been declared
         MAKE_PROPERTY2(ies_profile, has_ies_profile, get_ies_profile,
                        ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:109:37: error: ‘has_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                     ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:109:54: error: ‘get_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                                      ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:110:37: error: ‘set_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                     set_ies_profile, clear_ies_profile);
                                     ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:110:54: error: ‘clear_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                                      ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:110:71: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘MAKE_PROPERTY2’ with no type [-fpermissive]
                                                                       ^
In file included from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/./light_system/internal_light_manager.h:31:0,
                 from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp:21:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/./light_system/rp_light.h:109:24: error: ‘ies_profile’ has not been declared
                        ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/./light_system/rp_light.h:109:37: error: ‘has_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                     ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/./light_system/rp_light.h:109:54: error: ‘get_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                                      ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/./light_system/rp_light.h:110:37: error: ‘set_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                     ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/./light_system/rp_light.h:110:54: error: ‘clear_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                                      ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/./light_system/rp_light.h:110:71: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘MAKE_PROPERTY2’ with no type [-fpermissive]
                                                                       ^
In file included from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/internal_light_manager.h:31:0,
                 from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/internal_light_manager.cpp:28:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:109:24: error: ‘ies_profile’ has not been declared
                        ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:109:37: error: ‘has_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                     ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:109:54: error: ‘get_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                                      ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:110:37: error: ‘set_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                     ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:110:54: error: ‘clear_ies_profile’ is not a type
                                                      ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_light.h:110:71: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘MAKE_PROPERTY2’ with no type [-fpermissive]
                                                                       ^
In file included from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_spot_light.h:31:0,
                 from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_spot_light.cpp:28:
                        ^
                                     ^
                                                      ^
                                     ^
                                                      ^
                                                                       ^
In file included from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/config_rsnative.cpp:29:0:
                        ^
                                     ^
                                                      ^
                                     ^
                                                      ^
                                                                       ^
In file included from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_point_light.h:31:0,
                 from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/rp_point_light.cpp:28:
                        ^
                                     ^
                                                      ^
                                     ^
                                                      ^
                                                                       ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* Dtool_RPLight_MAKE_PROPERTY2_51(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp:1751:52: error: ‘unknown’ was not declared in this scope
     int return_value = local_this->MAKE_PROPERTY2((unknown)param1, (unknown)param2, (unknown)param3, (unknown)param4, (unknown)param5);
                                                    ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp:1751:77: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘param2’
     int return_value = local_this->MAKE_PROPERTY2((unknown)param1, (unknown)param2, (unknown)param3, (unknown)param4, (unknown)param5);
                                                                             ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp:1751:94: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘param3’
                                                                                              ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp:1751:111: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘param4’
                                                                                                               ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp:1751:128: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘param5’
                                                                                                                                ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp: In member function ‘void TagStateManager::apply_state(TagStateManager::StateContainer&, NodePath, Shader*, const string&, int)’:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp:93:62: error: no matching function for call to ‘ShaderAttrib::make(Shader*&, int&)’
     state = state->set_attrib(ShaderAttrib::make(shader, sort), sort);
                                                              ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp:93:62: note: candidate is:
In file included from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.h:36:0,
                 from /home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp:28:
/usr/include/panda3d/shaderAttrib.h:44:28: note: static ConstPointerTo<RenderAttrib> ShaderAttrib::make(const Shader*)
   static CPT(RenderAttrib) make(const Shader *shader = NULL);
                            ^
/usr/include/panda3d/shaderAttrib.h:44:28: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp: In member function ‘void TagStateManager::cleanup_states()’:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp:125:43: error: ‘class Camera’ has no member named ‘clear_tag_states’
     DCAST(Camera, _main_cam_node.node())->clear_tag_states();
                                           ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp: In member function ‘void TagStateManager::cleanup_container_states(TagStateManager::StateContainer&)’:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp:142:31: error: ‘class Camera’ has no member named ‘clear_tag_states’
         container.cameras[i]->clear_tag_states();
                               ^
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp: In member function ‘void TagStateManager::unregister_camera(TagStateManager::StateContainer&, Camera*)’:
/home/jordi/panda3dproyectos/xtype/render_pipeline/rpcore/native/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp:194:13: error: ‘class Camera’ has no member named ‘clear_tag_states’
     source->clear_tag_states();
             ^
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/config_rsnative.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_light.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_spot_light.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/rp_point_light.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/internal_light_manager.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/light_system/tag_state_manager.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/source/interrogate_wrapper.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/native_.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Setup failed:  Python script didn't return properly!
Please fix the errors and then rerun this file

This is the error that apears when i try to compile the Render Pipeline as you can see its stuck at number 2 when i execute setup.py

Your Panda3D build is outdated, you will need a newer one.

It looks like the interrogate message confuses cmake. Try upgrading your Panda3D build, I think rdb fixed the errors.

Yes, that did it, I installed the most recent versiion of Panda and now its working. Thank you.