Daily Snapshots (Buildbot)

Thank you, sir!

I just tried the latest build bot windows build (Panda3D-2010.06.22-53.exe) and it doesn’t seem to be built with PhysX support. (I get an “ImportError: DLL loader cannot find libpandaphysx.”)

From the rest of the thread, I except that this should be building with Physx support.

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t know how I could have missed that post. Anyway, I fixed that yesterday, so the Windows builds should now contain PhysX support again.

OK, there are now Maverick + Lucid builds and also Fedora 14, all i386 + amd64/x86_64.

I can enable other distros and architectures (including ppc and arm, etc) really easily, so if there are any requests, let me know.

hi rdb,
debian squeeze would be great :wink:

All right, squeeze buildbots (both i386 and amd64) are up and running. I assume you didn’t need other architectures.

I’ll try to set-up a debian repository for the .deb files soon.

OK, repositories for Debian/Ubuntu set-up.
To install, you’ll need to create a file called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/panda3d.list and put the following line in it.

For Ubuntu:

deb https://archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu/ SUITE-dev main

Where SUITE-dev is the codename of your Ubuntu release followed by “-dev”, like lucid-dev or maverick-dev.

For Debian:

deb https://archive.panda3d.org/debian/ SUITE-dev main

Where SUITE-dev is the codename of your Debian release followed by “-dev”, like lenny-dev or squeeze-dev.

The repositories are updated at the same time as a new build is published on the buildbot page.

The reason for the -dev suffix is that I can add regular release builds there, too, without the -dev suffix.

Note: the SDK package is now named panda3d1.7 instead of panda3d! So if you want to upgrade to it, you’ll need to manually install the panda3d1.7 package.

Downloaded the Windows build (2010.11.16-33). Does it have PhysX included, or maybe todays build? I’m getting the following error:

:physx(error): Error when setting up the PhysX subsystem: NXCE_PHYSX_NOT_FOUND
Assertion failed: error == NXCE_NO_ERROR at line 46 of c:\buildslave\dev_sdk_win
32\build\panda3d\panda\src\physx\physxManager.cxx

I do have the latest System Software and SDK 2.8.4.4 installed.

Hmm… weird. I’m pretty sure it builds against the PhysX SDK 2.8.4. You’ll have to ask enn0x that, who made the PhysX integration.

I think this issue has been solved by now:
[url]Panda PhysX]

Starting with PhysX SDK 2.8.4 the deployment of PhysX libraries has been changed. It is now legal to ship all dlls (PhysXLoader, PhysXCore, NxCharacter, cuda runtime and so on…) together with a game. This way a PhysX-enabled game no longer requires the installation of the PhysX System Software.
We could change the Panda3D PhysX runtime module sometime.

i just installed the latest buildbot version for windows. when i try to run the “hello world” code snippet from the manual i get this error:

:audio(error):   load_dso(libp3openal_audio.so) failed, will use NullAudioManager
:audio(error):     The specified procedure could not be found

i searched the forums, and generally this seems to be a bug.

Yeah, I’ve been working on OpenAL stuff recently, I’ll fix it sooner or later.