Critical warning using Panda3D 1.6.0 in PyDev

Hello,

after switching to Panda3D 1.6.0 and reconfigure my project settings using the new paths in Eclipse/PyDev the programs are still running but every start I get those messages in deep red:

[color=red]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pydev debugger: CRITICAL WARNING: This version of python seems to be incorrectly compiled (internal generated filenames are not absolute)
pydev debugger: The debugger may still function, but it will work slower and may miss breakpoints.
pydev debugger: Related bug: http://bugs.python.org/issue1666807
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pydev debugger: starting
DirectStart: Starting the game.
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\ntpath.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\os.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\random.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\string.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\pdb.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\cmd.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\bdb.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\repr.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\pprint.py
pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: C:\p\panda3d-1.6.0-win32(2)\panda3d-1.6.0\built\python\lib\fnmatch.py

Those paths don’t exist on my system.
Any ideas?

Robbson

Hmm, it must have something to do with the .py files being precompiled into .py. Removing all .pyc files from the panda dir should work.
I’ll try to think of a better way to do it, for the next release.

You guessed right, after deleting all *.pyc files the warnings are gone!
Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Robbson