come join the #panda3d IRC channel ;)

hi all,

I would like to take the opportunity to ask panda3d users to consider coming into our humble IRC channel when they are online , as while this forum is a wonderful resource sometimes making realtime help available is wonderful for not only newbies but professionals alike. If you can spare sometime when you are online please join us at:

irc.freenode.net on #panda3d

cu there I hope :wink:
cheers
neighborlee

spammy neighborlee
Advertisingā€¦ tztztz :smiley:

Nah, for realā€¦ the channel is good if you need FAST help or have a very special problem - but (again) for the sake of having everyone being able to read whats being said a forum has its positive aspects too :slight_smile:

Regards, Bigfoot29

Iā€™d be in the channel, but my routerā€™s firewall wonā€™t let any IRC traffic through. Iā€™ve tried everything to get port fowarding to work, but to no avail.

Hmmmā€¦ maybe I have something Web related for you :slight_smile:

You got a PM.

Regards, Bigfoot29

Edit: I donā€™t want to post the address for all folksā€¦ the scripts creates a high load - I donā€™t want to get this abusedā€¦ if you canā€™t use ā€œnormalā€ irc, just leave me a message. I will PM the address to you if needed.

just joined :wink:

havenā€™t seen you asking any questions there ^^
At the time I am in there I can only talk to two peopleā€¦ And if someone needs our help we will help.

IPā€™s been around the block concerning Panda.

I should be back in the IRC semi-regularly soon as I restart development with Panda3D.

looks dead to me

The channel seems to be empty when I login, except for a few users who are logged in but donā€™t seem to be present. I think that because Iā€™m in the UK, and because I work during the day now, no one will be online when I am. Iā€™m guessing most Panda3D hackers are in the US. Shame, because hacking will be much less fun without people to chat to on IRC.

heheā€¦ well, I am rarely on IRCā€¦ donā€™t have the time hanging around :frowning:

Hope that changes somewhen - then youā€™ll see me there more often :smiley:

(hey, let an old man have his dreamsā€¦ :wink: )

Regards, Bigfoot29

wellā€¦ when I log in, there usually are at least 2 active ppl in the channelā€¦

Do not leave the channel because of the low amount of active usersā€¦ youā€™ll only make it worse :wink:

I just got my power back after a near 7 dat outage so you would defintely not have seen me in there lately :wink:

and I agree please dont leave if you dont have to , just because of low useage when you login etcā€¦not everyone is online at sametime of day so you might have missed someone who logged in say a hour after you if you leave :wink:

cheers
neighborlee

The IRC channel is getting pretty active now (and Iā€™m loosing hours of work because of it : )

Come join us, there are some people who will gladly help you with problems.

Cheers

The IRC channel is a good hang-out and a great way to ask questions.

Any questions good enough to require logging should be put in a FAQ.

Also, why forum when there are mailing lists? Itā€™s a HAZZLE logging in here and manually searching all the threads, writing replies in a small, crappy textarea, etc.
I want to use my highly configurable and usable e-mail client, please. It is configured perfectly for me and works great from my terminal, the Panda3D forum does not render well in terminals.