Collisions against an inverted CollisionSphere

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if there is some way to check collisions against an inverted sphere (that is checking whether you’re still inside and all that)?

I thought about just using the events generated by collisions ‘-into’ and ‘-outof’ reversed (that is using ‘-into’ as ‘-outof’) but I need information on how long outside the sphere the player has gone, and I am not sure this information is accesble in this scheme.

Can anyone help me?

Best regards
Mads

Try creating a CollisionInvSphere object instead of a CollisionSphere. This is just like a CollisionSphere, but the “solid” part is on the outside.

David

Hi David

Thank you, did I miss something in the reference or have this class not been commented yet?

Guess that documenting every class must be a lot of work, so who can blame the guys doing this thing for not getting around to it.

Best regards (and thanx again)
Mads

The real problem is this… the class-ref documentation is about four months old. It was generated by a program called “epydoc,” but because of changes in panda, epydoc isn’t compatible with panda any more. Which means I can’t regenerate the documentation. As I understand it, Jason Pratt is working on fixing panda so that epydoc will work correctly. When he finishes, I’ll update the documentation.

• Josh