Can't load .egg object due to libp3assimp error

Hello World!
I’ve recently started testing panda3d, but my Hello World program already fails to run properly. More specifically i get the following output when i’m trying to load a 3d object.

Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DGA" missing on display ":0".

:loader(warning): Unable to load libp3assimp.so: /home/jm/PycharmProjects/prj1/#inter/3-7-1/venv01/lib/python3.7/site-packages/panda3d/libp3assimp.so: undefined symbol: _ZN3irr2io18createIrrXMLReaderEPNS0_17IFileReadCallBackE

I use Python 3.7 and Panda3d 1.10.0.dev1932+deployng.261 on Linux (openSUSE Leap 15.0)
Everything else works fine as far I’ve tested it (images, text etc.).
Only importing external 3d objects fails, I’ve tested all supported formats, with the same result.

I guess the precompiled version of panda is not compartible with my system and i have to compile it manually, but since I’m completely new to panda I have honstly no clue what the message is supposed to mean. Can you please decipher it for me?

As reported elsewhere, I’ve seen something similar–although in my case the error seemed to be harmless. (I could still load egg files without trouble.)

(I’m using Ubuntu Linux, 18.04, I believe.)

However, it seems that the most recent build (as of a little earlier today) fixes the issue on my end–I recommend trying the same on your machine!

Even if Assimp fails to load, you should still be able to load EGG
and BAM files.

As for the issue with XFree86-DGA, I suspect you can fix this by installing libXxf86dga. However, the lack of this X11 extension should also not prevent EGG for BAM iles from loading. I think DGA is mostly for relative mouse support.