Building 1.6.0

hi,
compiling with the --nothing option in makepanda results in the following error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Makepanda Initial Status Report
Makepanda: Compiler: LINUX
Makepanda: Optimize: 3
Makepanda: Keep Pkg: 
Makepanda: Omit Pkg: MAYA6 MAYA65 MAYA7 MAYA8 MAYA85 MAYA2008 MAYA2009 MAX6 MAX7 MAX8 MAX9 MAX2009 DX8 DX9 PYTHON ZLIB PNG JPEG TIFF VRPN FMODEX OPENAL NVIDIACG OPENSSL FREETYPE FFTW ARTOOLKIT SQUISH ODE DIRECTCAM OPENCV FFMPEG FCOLLADA PANDATOOL 
Makepanda: Verbose vs. Quiet Level: 1
Makepanda: Don't generate API reference manual
Makepanda: Version ID: 1.6.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Generating dependencies...
g++ -ftemplate-depth-30 -fPIC -c -o built/tmp/putil_composite1.o -I"built/tmp" -I"built/include" -Ipanda/src/putil -O2 -DBUILDING_PANDA panda/src/putil/putil_composite1.cxx
In file included from panda/src/putil/putil_composite1.cxx:18:
panda/src/putil/config_util.cxx: In function 'void init_libputil()':
panda/src/putil/config_util.cxx:172: error: 'PythonCallbackObject' has not been declared
Storing dependency cache.
Elapsed Time: 6 sec

any idea how to fix is appreciated.

The --nothing option compiles without anything at all, meaning without Python as well.
Barely someone compiles Panda3D without Python support, so we often forget to keep in mind that it still has to be possible.
I’ve just protected the code by a HAVE_PYTHON ifdef. Try the latest version of config_util.cxx.

thanks for the fast reply. just tried it and at least i came further than the last time:

(...)
g++ -ftemplate-depth-30 -fPIC -c -o built/tmp/pzip_pzip.o -I"built/tmp" -I"built/include" -Ipanda/src/downloadertools -O2 panda/src/downloadertools/pzip.cxx
panda/src/downloadertools/pzip.cxx: In function 'bool do_compress(std::istream&, std::ostream&)':
panda/src/downloadertools/pzip.cxx:29: error: 'OCompressStream' was not declared in this scope
panda/src/downloadertools/pzip.cxx:29: error: expected `;' before 'compress'
panda/src/downloadertools/pzip.cxx:37: error: 'compress' was not declared in this scope
panda/src/downloadertools/pzip.cxx:41: error: 'compress' was not declared in this scope
Elapsed Time: 14 min 27 sec

EDIT: output of --everything

(...)
g++ -ftemplate-depth-30 -fPIC -c -o built/tmp/libnativenet_igate.o -I"/usr/include/python2.6" -I"built/tmp" -I"built/include" -Ipanda/src/nativenet -O2 -DBUILDING_PANDA built/tmp/libnativenet_igate.cxx
/tmp/ccUSzvWA.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccUSzvWA.s:22634: Error: no such instruction: `jfe .L2203'
Elapsed Time: 10 min 50 sec

okay, i managed to compile it about an hour long, but then it always fails on some bison xParser stuff. i asked my distro’s maintainer of panda and his guess was a bison issue.
here’s the output of makepanda i get every time now: http://cxg.de/?id=xYVPJzIqdRwfNFb

I think I’ve found and fixed the problem, bison 2.4 seems to have changed the syntax of the files, this patch should fix it, but I want to wait until the OK of the developers.

http://yucload.googlepages.com/bison.patch

Ah, thank you. Actually, the problem with bison 2.4 is not that it now requires an explicit type, but that it no longer allows an implicit type in the first part of a two-part rule. I’ve just made the appropriate changes.

Since I don’t actually have bison 2.4 myself, though, it’s hard for me to be sure that I got them all. Would you mind building again, with the latest version of xParser.yxx, to see if it works now?

Thanks!
David