I just made a model for my game, and I am trying to convert it to .egg
It works fine when I installed Chicken R91, but when I click File > Export > Chicken it says
Python script error: check console
So I check the console, and it says:
The Chicken interface requires a full Python installation. Cannot continue - you need to install a 2.x version of Python for Blender to use.
But I already have python 2.7 installed. When it says ‘2.x’ doesn’t that mean it can be any version of Python 2? I also checked the chicken_install.txt but it did not have my answer. All it said was to put in PYTHONPATH for an experimental variable, but that wasn’t for the error I had. I did it anyways, and put in the path that was inside my Packt book. I only changed a few things, such as the Panda3D version, making sure that the path was right by moving through the folders with it. I am not sure of the path, because I am on a different computer right now. I am using Blender 2.49B, Python 2.7, and Panda3D 2.7.2
I would really like this fixed so I can work on my game. If anybody could help me, I would really appreciate it
I would upgrade to Blender 2.6 and get the Yabee plugin from here: [Yet Another Blender Egg Exporter (YABEE))
I’ve been using them with little trouble …
I will try that. Do I just put the files into the scripts folder like chicken?
- Download the latest Yabee for your Blender version, save it, and remember where you put it. You don’t have to unzip the file because Blender can open the archive for you.
- Open Blender, left click on File -> User Preferences -> Addons.
- At the bottom of the panel, left click on the “Install Addon” button.
- Navigate to where you put the Yabee file you downloaded.
- Left click on the .zip file to highlight it.
- Now left click on the “Install Addon…” button in the upper right hand side of the panel.
- The file should load and you’ll be taken back to the previous Addons panel.
- Look down the list on the right hand side for Import-Export: Panda3D EGG format.
- Left click the little check box on the right hand side so it has a check mark in it.
- Left click on the “Save As Default” button on the lower left hand corner.
That should do it. Now, when you want to export your file, left click on File, mouse over Export and you should see Panda3D (.egg) in the drop down list.
BTW, the quotation in your signature is from Benjamin Franklin … one of the finest patriots, statesmen and inventive minds in American history.
Thank you so much! It worked
Any version 2.6x? I’ve not had any luck getting yabbee to install under 2.59 or 2.60…I think there is a newer .6 out though.