Blender & Egg modeling questions.

Hi guys.

First, I want to say that I’ve found Panda site to have a great repository for info and community to back it up! I’m used to engines & communities where flat-out rudeness were to be expected with every post. Here, I’ve found nothing but helpful folks just trying to help out. It’s absolutely wonderful.

Ok, I need some modeling information. I am a beginner modeler. I took a class that used 3DS Max a few years ago. It was great and I learned a lot, but didn’t have time to keep up with it…or the money for Max… Anyway, I have a solid understanding of 3D modeling, but I need some vocabulary so I can go do the homework.

My current goal is simply to be able to make placeholder static and animated models when I need them. What I need to know is what modeling features in Blender does the Egg format support? Basically, I’m looking for a list and a better understanding of what these things are.

TIA. :smiley:

Download the exporter, in the bpydata/chicken folder there are some information that I found useful.

PS I agree with the comment about the community. :slight_smile:

There is also a ‘help’ button in the Chicken exporter which loads up the manual I’m guessing yalo is suggesting you access via the file system. Clicking that button is probably easier than going hunting;-) But the manual basically gives everything that Chicken supports, well, ignoring whatever I missed.

Yes, I’m sorry, but I use the exporter in batch mode, so I’m used to read it without opening Blender. :slight_smile: