Blend2bam not converting textures

Ah, but you also said that you used Blender 2.79, didn’t you? I don’t think that YABEE supports that version, if I recall correctly.

As to YABEE and nodes, I’m not sure. I don’t think that YABEE supports nodes, but I don’t think that I’ve ever tried to export a node-based material with it.

Is the fact that my model only has materials and no textures of any importance?

Well, the problem that you reported was that there were no textures…

(From later posts, I’m guessing that you meant no apparent materials.)

Well, I exported model with texture successfully with B2,79 and YABEE.

so will converting the materials to textures somehow be enough?

Fair enough. It’s possible that I’m wrong about the last supported version!

You needn’t convert them to textures if you can reproduce the desired effects with non-node materials, I imagine.

However, depending on what you’re doing with your nodes, converting them to textures might work.

@SjVer Basically, uncheck the Use Node and then change diffuse color to a similar one. Or you can texture the model if you are able to.

I’ll try the latter. Thanks for the help!

So i now have the blender model textured, but how do i get this into panda3d again? (blend2bam aint working as usual)

Well, if Pignon has it correct that YABEE works with Blender 2.79, and if that’s the version that you’re using, then YABEE might be the way to go.

A quick caveat: YABEE expects textures to be applied via materials, as I recall. If you’ve applied them simply by assigning them in the UV/Image Editor, then they might not be found by YABEE, and thus won’t be present when loaded into Panda.

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like

What is the 1 line?

It’s <CoordinateSystem> { Z-up } or smth like that

PS: Is there anyone that can try to export it for me to see if that works? The model now has both textures and materials with it so you can choose what to use. This is the file: blender file. Thanks!

PS: The blender, egg and texture files are in the same repo.
ANOTHER PS: A little update on the YABEE thing earlier; I noticed that no ‘tex’ folder was exported. I’ve now adapted the model to blender render and applied the texture. The ‘tex’ folder is now exported with the texture, but the texture still isnt rendered.

Okay, presuming that this file opened correctly in my version of Blender, and presuming that I’m interpreting this correctly:

It looks like the problem is likely that you’ve applied your textures by some means other than via a material texture-slot.

YABEE, as far as I’m aware, only really respects textures that are applied via texture slots associated with materials; simply assigning the texture in the UV/Image editor doesn’t work, I believe.

In order to do this:

• Create a non-node texture
  • Select your new texture
  • Switch to the “Texture” panel (via the button to the right of the “Material” panel)
  • Create a new image-texture
  • And select your desired image for that texture
    • Depending on your purposes, you may want to change some of the particulars of the texture, but the defaults may suffice for a basic material.

I also note that your materials seem to still be set up to use nodes, but that may not be an immediate problem–at least until you come to attach your texture to one or more of them.

blend2bam supports Blender 2.79, but does not support any nodal materials when using 2.79. blend2bam also requires textures be applied via materials as @Thaumaturge described.

1 Like

I’ll then try to add the textures via the panel. Thx!

1 Like

Ah! I faced that error. But I figured how to solve it pretty quick. You see, CoordinateSystem is a global blender variable which also is in the egg format. But while you are exporting, make sure that you actually copy the meshes you want to export. So for ex.:
Cube
Cube
Cube
Cube
To export all of it, select all of the cubes in blender then go to File->Export->Panda3D .egg
If you only want the bottom 2 to be exported, then select the bottom 2 and export. This makes it easier to export many models through 1 file.

P.S. This topic goes till YABEE, so make a new topic.

If it has no primitive material, textures won’t export I believe.
Add a primitive material and it will be fine.

What was the solution is?