bazso's questions

well that’s the thing pro rsoft i want to make sure that software is going to pick up typos and errors i want to try and make sure my game will be 80% to 90% bug free

i am sure i am bound to make mistakes and i am going to need software that’s going to pick them up and help me correct them.

I’d put off buying WingIDE professional unless you’re sure you can make money off your game. For learning a language it’s better to have a simpler IDE, WingIDE sure is a great python IDE though.

There are free python IDE’s that will point out the common syntax errors that you would run into while learning a language. Wing has a students edition of the IDE that is probably good enough for your purpose.

i am back everyone and have a question

how can i get panda to see a made 3ds max model?

what i am getting at is i just want to see what it looks like in panda

Hey there, i just started getting into panda3d this year, pretty soon im going to be importing my content into panda3d from 3dsmax. I think you have to convert it into a native panda3d format, then open a IDE or text editor and write the proper code to load the model and animation.

How long have you worked on panda? And how far have you gotten?

The most important thing for learning panda is learning the modules/libraries and knowing what they can do, how to loop and carrie out these functions. Which can be learned by the panda tutorial + manual. Unless you want to extend the capabilities of panda3d then you will have to learn far more complex programming.

ty for getting back with me on and off i say less then 6 months i went to go learn C++ that is to confusing i remember that i produced better results with python.

i am useing pype as my Python Editor needing to get 3ds max have not worked with panda long just got back to it like 2 days ago been busy due to rl and starting off where i was last at on the tutorial which was makeing the grass.

i try not to bug anyone that much not unless i can’t seem to find it any where on the forums i paid someone to do model for my game he was useing 3ds max i just thought i could see what it would look like in panda.

Sorry, I can’t figure out from your post what your question is.
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

In panda3d’s folder ‘plugin’ there are 2 plugins for your version of max, you need to copy them to your 3ds max’s own plugin folder.

Its all here - panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Conve … Studio_Max

You will not need to code at all either cause in max when you export the max file into .egg the exporter will load the pandaveiwer for you and you can preview your model plus animation in it.

BTW how much did you pay that person?