bazso's questions

i don’t know how many of you use pype but i am going to need a debugging program that will recognize/be able to work with pype 2.8.8 if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations you have my full attention.

switch to pyDev, you can set breakpoints and debug padna3d apps with ease (after you get pyDev setup)

oh ok tya

can some one point me to a link on panda here for what type of 3d models this engine will work with?

https://www.panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Converting_from_other_Formats
this would be a small list.
i think it’s not up to date. aside from those formats( panda can read all of them without converting before (it does the conversion on load-time then)) . well aside from those there are exporters for many modelling packages, such as blender, maya and max.
pro-rsoft is currently working on a dae loader. so collada file format should be available,too in near future.

ahh ok ty for telling me that

ok i was taking a look at this link

panda3d.org/features.php

do they need to update the features page at all?

i could have sworn that i was reading someone was saying it did needed to be updated or was i misreading at all?

can someone point me to a link or knows right off hand the maximum amount for polygon limit for current panda version?

It basically has no polygon limit. Even most new video cards have this limit very high.

does current panda version cover mac?

oh and by the way everyone tya again for your help your help is most usefull

ok my concern was that when i am programing if i was able to open it up to macs at all i was not sure if i need to know any thing about mac i was thinking that anything i was programing through windows could apply to mac.

*sorry prorsoft had no idea you could still edit your post even after you made then a few days after i am use to another type of forum system and unfortunately does not have that function enable.

Panda runs fine on Macs. An official Mac build is not yet provided for download here, but there are a few unofficial builds you can find by searching the forums.

David

This is the latest unofficial mac build:
discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=5080

PS. Please try to make use of the “edit” button in your posts instead of double- or tripleposting.

hello everyone been busy trying to get my game together been asking some friends of my if they wanted to help one of them wants to know if panda accepts AC3D models

i also will have some questions from another here very soon i will make sure to edit my post before making a new post.

also been busy buying books for my game what i mean is what was there durning ww2 that’s why i have not been busy posting here on the forums.

ahh ok tya pro

According to the AC3D website, it can export to .x format, which Panda can read without trouble. It also can export to .wrl or .dxf, those are formats Panda can read as well.

here is my buddy’s question about panda 3d

1. with Panda, how easy/hard is the physics engine? can a good flight sim.come from panda? is the physics/coding guru who can recreate that wheel; at a minimum!!

2. Can Panda create a realistic combat environment?

Absolutely, to both questions. There’s even a physics engine on the forums specialized for flight simulators (if I recall correctly) but the builtins are tood too.

tya so very much prorsoft really do appreciate it sorry if i have been doing double posting again i did make a edit and i think everyone just did not see it

i am back everyone with a question of my own here is a link i think to some software

wingware.com/wingide/index

now some things i got to ask

1. will panda like the coding from this software

2. is there a way i can copy and paste from what i do in this software and then transfer it over to panda scripts or shells or how ever you call it?

3. it also will cost 179.00 USD would this be well worth it?

You can use almost any IDE with Panda3D, so I’m pretty sure this one will work as well, after a tiny bit of setup most editors work seamless with Panda3D.

However, I wouldn’t recommend paying that much. There are plenty of free IDE’s around that are also pretty good.