Automated Daily Build

I’m working on an automated daily build system. If you scroll to the bottom of the downloads page, you will be able to see a version numbered “2007.11.26.” This was built mostly automatically. It’s not fully automated yet - I still have to invoke it manually, once per day. It still contains a few bugs that I need to work out before I take it fully automatic. But it’s getting there.

This should be useful for people who need bleeding-edge features. For instance, I’m pretty sure that the daily build contains maya 2008 support.

what about pstats on linux support?

No. Nobody sent the log that I requested.

Ohhhh, im SO sorry, I’ve forgotten it :blush:
I’m gonna work on it this instant.

Josh, I succeeded.
Here is the build log:

g++ -ftemplate-depth-30 -fPIC -c -o built/tmp/pstats_composite1.o -I"/usr/include/python2.5" -Ibuilt/tmp -Ipandatool/src/gtk-stats -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -Ibuilt/include -g pandatool/src/gtk-stats/gtkstats_composite1.cxx
g++ -o built/bin/pstats -Lbuilt/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib built/tmp/pstats_composite1.o built/lib/libprogbase.a built/lib/libpstatserver.a built/lib/libpandatoolbase.a -lpandaexpress -lpanda -lp3dtoolconfig -lp3dtool -lp3pystub -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lpthread

However, you might find the makepanda things I did more useful.
I can send you the modified version of makepanda, if you want…

OK, integrated. And it’s in today’s daily build.

at first i kind doubted the daily build system… we have no maling list no bug tracker but daily builds? I did not know panda3d changes that fast :slight_smile: But the “pstats on linux support” was done fast and I can see the results, the daily builds do work! ( now we only kind need presentable site to attract more people, i spent a year not digging deeper into panda b/c of the site … its a real show stopper )

Hmm, the ‘daily’ build of 28 november (latest as of writing) segfaults on me directly when importing directstart/showbase. Certainly can’t be called stable yet :wink:
Luckily, I built pstats manually, so I can already benefit from its great features :slight_smile:

I can’t find the old thread discussing website redesign.

Oh, no, wait, there it is. But it only contains one proposal (and a few variants). One proposal isn’t enough. I need a basis for comparison.

As for the panda itself: I like the idea of it being a “cool” panda with sunglasses and a joystick.

I find the release notes of this ‘daily’ build somewhat misleading… it kinda suggests that panda doesn’t support normal mapping yet, but it certainly does, using NodePath::setNormalMap().

isnt normal mapping done with shaders? how does set Normal mapping work? Does it just define its own shader and attach?

EDIT after looking at it some more it looks like it uses the “old” method of setting texture stages combinations. Some thing that was before normal maps and shaders.

meat of the code:

PT(TextureStage) normalization_map_ts = new TextureStage("__normalization_map");
  normalization_map_ts->set_combine_rgb
    (TextureStage::CM_dot3_rgb, 
     TextureStage::CS_texture, TextureStage::CO_src_color,
     TextureStage::CS_previous, TextureStage::CO_src_color);

I would not recommend using this and just write your own shader. What would other people say to this?

Well, I like it pretty much. It also offers people with cards that don’t have shader support a way to see da detail :slight_smile: