ATI Antialiasing

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately I have already tried running it in Direct3D mode and it didn’t make any difference. Thinking about it, I guess most of the other games that I talked about were probably directx based, but I have also tried opengl demos such as the two posted earlier and both of them work without problems. I have also tried forcing it from CCC but that made no difference.

Thanks for the ideas though :slight_smile:.

neutrix, I don’t think you have stated what version of Panda you are using. If I remember correctly I fixed multisample for DirectX right before 1.7.0, you won’t get AA in DirectX if you are using 1.6.X.

I am using Panda3D 1.7, the latest one. I only started using the engine a couple of months ago. Are there any tests that I can run to get some debug information for you guys?

I seem to be having the same problem, with a 5770 on Ubuntu 10.10. I’ll check later whether it works better on Mac OS 10.6, or on an nVidia card.

With those configuration variable set, can you print out “base.win.getFbProperties()” to make sure that it even complied with your request for a multisample buffer?

Sure, here’s the output.

depth_bits=24 color_bits=24 alpha_bits=8 multisamples=8 back_buffers=1 force_hardware=1

My scene anti-aliases beautifully on a friend’s nVidia-driven computer (Also Ubuntu 10.4 or 10.10)

I tried using ATI Catalyst Control Center to override application settings for anti-aliasing with 8x, but no dice.