are collisions a one way road?

Hi all,

i’m working on a tabletop football game, that i want to interact with ARToolkit later on for a small university project. I used the script from the collision detection tutorial provided with Panda3D to start off. I’m pretty satisfied with the results so far, i just have one problem that remains to be solved:
the football collides with the walls and players, so far so good, but sadly the players just don’t want to collide with the ball. My guess is that it has something to do with setIntoCollideMask and setFromCollideMask, but i can’t get it to work.
I’d really appreciate if someone could spare some time to look at the code and help me out. thanx in advance.

the code is located here: firstblood.de/autafoo.py
the entire game is located here: firstblood.de/autafoo.zip

Panda supports collision sphere and ray as the “from” object. Polygon is not possible to become “from” object. For your scene, you might want to look at –[THIS]–

Could someone take the time to explain exactly what the %in and %fr objects are and what they mean. I read the explanation in the PDF version of the manual and got confused. I know that edition(pdf) of the manual is old. I will check out the most recent updates to the manual but still it was very confusing.