archimedean dynasty remake

Hey everyone,

currently some guys and me try to “remake” the old game “archimedean dynasty” (or in german “Schleichfahrt”) using Panda3d. This project use the originalgamedata and trys to imitate the behaviour of the original game. The storypart is already finished and the static data of a fight are already understood too. One issue is that python is too slow for loading the gamedata in realtime so a c+±module is used to outsource the expensive computations => this module has to be compiled for the different OS’.

A version for windows can be found here: dl.dropbox.com/u/6841319/reloaded.exe
The pure game files can be dled here: dl.dropbox.com/u/6841319/game.zip
And here is a model/textureviewer for the originalgamedata: dl.dropbox.com/u/6841319/sf-modelviewer.zip

Currently we working on the dynamic information of the scenarios (objectives,unitbehaviour,kinectic) and we are looking for your help!

goals are:
-adding the fight gui
-adding the dynamic/logic/kinetic to the fight
-adding an editorlike behaviour to the game to provide editing and an easy overview
-adding better textures and models to improve the look
-adding shaders
-adding multiplayer

inofficial supportside: jealousjellyfish.de/

If you want to get more information, found some issue or support us with your skills, or a OS port of the c+±module, new models/textures etc. just write me a message or reply.

greetings Nox

first error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 56, in <module>
    os.chdir(additional_parser.get("Setting", "SF-dir"))
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:/SF'

After i created c:sf folder:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 102, in <module>
    app = MyApp(additional_parser)
  File "main.py", line 31, in __init__
    MainMenu.MainMenu(additional_parser)
  File "D:\reloaded\game\MainMenu.py", line 32, in __init__
    self.bgsound = importer.Audio("SFX/SND/BGROUND/B02", self.audiomgr, False)
  File "D:\reloaded\game\importer.py", line 258, in __init__
    pcmloader.load(name, mono)
RuntimeError: SFX/SND/BGROUND/B02.PCL

Hello. File links are dead. Does project still exist? Thank You.

Hi, source can be found at schleichfahrt reloaded download | SourceForge.net - I have not worked on the project for years. Story logic and most of the mission logic should work. However, I never found the time to implement the enemy logic (a.k.a. “Ai”).

To run the project you will need a original copy / the original game assets saved in a folder.