Animation models from blender

i convert it to .bam on the terminal outputobj.bam (3.4 KB)

I think you need to clarify what type of animation you have?

Skeletal and morphing are supported.

the animation is just the blender cube rotation i exported it as gltf and i converted it to bam file and i tested the animation with pyview for both and a message appears saying No animation

You’re trying to convert a .gltf to a .bam? Have you tried converting the .blend file directly to .bam?

This is object animation, it is not supported. Use bone.

do i have to use bones for every object to animate it on panda3d even if i have just an object rotation?

At the moment, yes. However, there is an outdated third-party script that uses quantization for export. I’ve never used it.

Blender_Motion.zip (79.5 KB)

To be clear, I don’t know about bam or glTF, but with egg-files at least you don’t need the animation files to be separate from the model-file, I do believe.

Instead, when starting PView, just provide it with all of the relevant files–model and animation or animations.

Something like this:

pview.exe /c/Your_Path_Here/outputobj.egg /c/Your_Path_Here/outputobj-someAnimation.egg

Or perhaps more simply:

pview /c/Your_Path_Here/outputobj*

Where the “*” should automatically expand to include all files that start with “outputobj” in the specified directory, I believe.

As I said, I don’t know from personal experience that this works with glTF files, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.

and i can do this even if i have just a cube rotation animation without bones ?

This won’t solve your problem. Apparently @Thaumaturge didn’t read the entire topic.

Hmm… I’m honestly not sure. I’ve not worked with non-armature animations in a model-file that I recall.

I did only skim it, admittedly. Still, some of the posts above could be read as indicating that PView will only play animations if they’re combined into a single file, which–for egg at the least–isn’t true. It seems worth having a note added to counter that impression, should others take it.

if you guys have a simple object with bones send it to me i wanna test if its gonna work for me or not

Sure! Here you go:

simpleAnim.blend (500.3 KB)

Note that this was made with Blender 2.78; I don’t know how well later versions will do at opening it.

And here’s an exported version of it in egg-file format–specifically, the base model-file, and an animation-file:

simpleAnim.egg (3.0 KB)
simpleAnim-Action.egg (3.9 KB)

1 Like

to see the animation i have to do it like that right .?
pview.exe /c/Your_Path_Here/SimpleAnimj.egg /c/Your_Path_Here/simpleAnim-Action.egg

That looks pretty much correct, indeed. Substituting the proper path in place of “Your_Path_Here”, of course, and being careful of spelling, etc.

This will also work. I just combined it into one file.

simpleAnim.egg (6.9 KB)

1 Like

it worked but the question is did you use bones for this animation or just simple rotations ?

the both animations are cubes so you add bones on the cube to make it rotate right ?

I’ve already answered you before, what else do you want to hear?

And yes, better, combine animation and model. If you don’t want to pass parameters every time. This is much more convenient to view.

When you’re done with the animation, you can export it separately.

1 Like

thank you i will try it now