3d Modeler

Okay, I’ve looked all over the boards and folks are all over the place on this.

I know I’m actually still learning Python :open_mouth: BUT!! I’m a quick learner.

SO!!

Maya and 3D Max . . . (if I could afford these I would be using Eclipse to compile code)
Blender : looks overwhelming!!

What’s the “silver bullet” so model 2D and 3D in Maya.

I say 2D because I am thinking of doing something iso-metrically . . . As in the days of Crusader: No Remorse/Regret but without the blood and melting bones . . .

As I said I’m very new, but am open to learn . . .

You could try Wings3D. Its free and easy to use, just not sure about the export formats.
If you want to use a little cash, try Milkshape. Its not so hard to learn, is way more powerfull then Wings and besides, it doesnt burnout your bankaccount…

good luck

Thanks so much for the response. I thought Milkshape MIGHT be the way to go . . . 1) I like the name 2) it’s mentioned in the tutorial.

Blender just looks way out of hand . . .

What anonymity levels of HTTP proxy servers exist?

1. Transparent - these proxies are not anonymous. They don’t hide IP-address of a client and let a web server know that you are surfing through a proxy server. The task of such proxies, as a rule, is information caching and/or support of Internet access for several computers via single connection. Such proxies are not applicable for security and privacy while surfing on net. You can use them only for network speed improvement.
  2. Anonymous - these proxies don’t show your real IP but change the request fields so it is very easy to detect that you are using proxy.
  3. High Anonymous - these proxy servers do not pass an IP-address of a client and don’t send any variables indicating that you are using proxy server to host and look like real browser.

checkproxy.net

(Josh, can you delete the above post about proxies??)

Take another look at Blender. For some good tutorials check out the video tutorials that the Blender folks have created. I’m learning Blender right now and the video tuts are a great help.

Also take note of the Blender thread in the Pipeline Forum (here). Zovirl posted two links to great tutorials that can get you to do Panda3D-compliant avatars (or rather “actors” :-)) in a weekend. I tell it from my own experience. :slight_smile: Sometimes one still needs to look up some tidbits in other tutorials, but it still works very well.

That reminds me, I still got some work to do there myself…