Collision-based polygonal button system

I don’t know how you guys use geometry for button. Using DirectGUI with geom or image doesn’t behave as I need. Moreover, I don’t think it’s trivial to inject collision system inside the existing GUI system.
So I created my own button system, with more risks, but the nice thing is I can extend it anyway I need.

Download :
polygonal_button.zip

Dang! Thats some seriously nice work! Thanks for sharing…i’m studying it and learning stuff right now.

Thanks

8)

UPDATE :

1. added keyboard controls (left & right arrow) to select dialog’s button. Press Enter to run button’s command

:open_mouth:
Hi ynjh_jo
i run testing this program

but it show error
line 447 np.setTransparency(1)
AttributeError : ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘setTransparency’

error b’coz code or my python version?? :cry:

You probably have put the data files into the wrong position. Some “could not find” error has probably occured a few lines before you get the described error.

If you load a model into a variable, which cannot be found, the variable will be set to None. None does not have any functions, thus this error.

thank you :blush:

UPDATE :

1. organized & simplified the enable/disable button state functions.
  2. the button’s geometry scale saved to be able to restore it when a button get released, after get shrunk upon pressed.

UPDATE :
Now you can hook a command when a button is highlighted, and when it’s not. This is demonstrated by the 3 3d models.

thanks man really that was a pricless effort

I missed this cool snip - thank god have been revived!

thank you!
I love this.