Problems with the panda in the manual...

First of all: Hello to everybody. I am new here and I tried google and the forum search already… didn’t find a solution :confused:

The Manual is proceeding until the point where I want to make the panda appear… I used the code from the documentation and compared it again and a gain… whenever I want to run the construction I get the following Error:

:linmath(warning): Tried to invert singular LMatrix3.
Assertion failed: Attempt to compute inverse of singular matrix! at line 1501 of built/include/lmatrix4_src.I
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "panda.py", line 23, in ?
    pandaActor = Actor.Actor("models/panda-model",{"walk":"models/panda-walk4"})
  File "debtmp/usr/share/panda3d/direct/src/actor/Actor.py", line 146, in __init__
  File "debtmp/usr/share/panda3d/direct/src/actor/Actor.py", line 1179, in loadModel
  File "debtmp/usr/share/panda3d/direct/src/showbase/Loader.py", line 96, in loadModelCopy
  File "ModelPool", line 137, in loadModel
AssertionError: Attempt to compute inverse of singular matrix! at line 1501 of built/include/lmatrix4_src.I

This also happens when I copy&paste the code from the manual…

Help!!! What did I wrong? Is there a problem with one of the modules?

Regards, Bigfoot29

Edit: Of course here come the (python) information:

Python 2.3.5 (#2, May 4 2005, 08:51:39)
[GCC 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-12)] on linux2

Its a typical Debian “Sarge” installation and Panda3D was installed using the .deb-package.

I am sorry, but after some in-depth-reading of the forum I found what I am looking for… It seems that I was looking for the wrong key words at the beginning. The following line in the terminal solved my problem:

export LC_NUMERIC=C 

Regards, Bigfoot29