problem with the scene editor particle fx

i get the scene editor started up without any problems, but when clicking on the particle fx i get the following error.

TypeError Exception in Tk callback
  Function: <function <lambda> at 0x036AE0F0> (type: <type 'function'>)
  Args: ()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "g:\paddleball\Panda3D-1.0.3\Pmw\Pmw_1_2\lib\PmwBase.py", line 1747, in __call__
    return apply(self.func, args)
  File "sceneEditor.py", line 332, in <lambda>
    button = Button(buttonFrame, image = element, command=lambda n=i : self.buttonPushed(n))
  File "sceneEditor.py", line 373, in buttonPushed
    self.openParticlePanel()
  File "sceneEditor.py", line 1185, in openParticlePanel
    self.particlePanel=seParticlePanel.ParticlePanel()
  File "seParticlePanel.py", line 51, in __init__
    pe.reparentTo(self.emitter)
  File "NodePath", line 10365, in reparentTo
    None
  File "NodePath", line 1075, in __overloaded_reparentTo_ptrNodePath_ptrConstNodePath
    None
TypeError: Invalid argument 0, expected <NodePath>

End Result: no particle fx editor.

Suggestions?

Looks like the scene editor needs some maintenance.

Fortunately, Panda3D 1.0.3 contains a brand-new sample program that brings up the particle editing panel. Look at “Feature Tutorials”, “Particles”, “Run Particle Panel”. That should get you started.

• Josh

Like a charm. thanks (=

well that got it started but i get other various errors and msgs at various times when using the program. . . to me that means i shoudl say “thanks for your hard work” (=

it will definitely be a great help when it comes time to make particles. anything beats tweaking text files then reloading to see whappens.

The particle panel is far from perfect, but it’s still a lot better than change and reload :slight_smile:. A couple of the errors I’ve found are in the introduction page in that folder. In general, there are a lot of useful panels that could use improving. I’m hoping that it will make it on the list for the next CMU Panda team to improve in the fall.