Compiling Panda3d with VC++ Toolkit 2003...

Folks,

I just thought I’d mention in case others new to Panda3d wanted to take a crack at compiling it.

It compiled with virtually no changes to the source code:

I already had the DirectX SDK (December 2005) installed as well as the Platform SDK.

Using the VC++ Toolkit command prompt window I typed:

makepanda\makepanda.bat --everything --installer making sure I was in the root of the Panda3d source tree.

The only error I had was with related to DirectX 8. It looks for a DirectX 8 header that doesn’t exist unless you happen to have the old SDK around I guess.

Anyway, going into makepanda.py and commenting out the two sections about DirectX 7 and DirectX 8 allowed it to finish the compile.

The only thing that didn’t seem to work was the --installer. No installer was created.

Just wanted to let others know with a recent post that it is possible to compile Panda3d. :slight_smile:

Steve

Hi,

Yeah, I looked at your earlier article but then just went my own way because I couldn’t download the examples from your site anymore :wink:

At least I got it to work. I guess I could always try and build the install package myself without using makepanda.py. I was just wondering if others were having the same issue after makepanda.py finishes. There were a few small warnings after the build but nothing about the installer.

It was late and I just wanted to get to bed so I didn’t give it more than a cursory glance.

I’ll try again tonight.

Steve