Multi-texutring in new version

Multi-texturing does not seem to work anymore. I’m not sure if this is the new version of Panda3d. I know several students at the ETC have also come across this problem. Any ideas? Was there a change to maya2egg recently?

here the is the error message:

:maya:mayaegg: ac_none
:maya(warning): Attribute colorGain does not have a vec3f object value.
:maya(warning): Object ceilLayered does not support attribute colorGain
:maya(warning): Object polesLayered does not support attribute colorGain
:maya(warning): Object wallsLayered does not support attribute colorGain
:maya(warning): Object floorLayered does not support attribute colorGain
:maya:mayaegg: Converted, no errors.

It says it converts with no errors, but it converts it with no multi-texturing instead. It also seems kind of random as to which one it actually assigns.

I’m pretty sure we’re still converting multitexture just fine. Have you changed versions of Maya?

Is it possible for you to construct a Maya file that demonstrates the lack of multitexture, using Maya 6.0? (Sadly, that’s the only version of Maya I have.)

David

Hi David,
I haven’t changed Maya versions but I have changed computers though. The last time I did multi-texutring was at my job this summer and we were using Maya 7.0.1. I’m also using Maya 7.0.1 at school as well.

Unfortunately, I don’t have Maya 6. However, here is a file that has the problem.

granny.etc.cmu.edu/uploads/lightMapping.zip

Hope that helps. There’s quite a few BVW worlds that want to use multi-texturing here. I’ve taught them how to do it code, but it would be much easier if it could export out of maya directly.

Sorry, I downloaded the link, but I wasn’t able to unzip it–was it built with zip?

If you can provide a .ma file, I may be able to hand-edit it to change the version number and then load it into Maya 6.0–I’ve heard rumors of that sort of trick working sometimes.

David

Hi again,
Been kind of hectic here lately, so I haven’t gotten a chance to do this. Here is the .ma file.

granny.etc.cmu.edu/uploads/scene-light.ma