Yet another roaming Ralph

For those who are interested, here is a new version of Yarr.py with the camera view thrashing fixed. I also got rid of the obscure matrix calls thanks to David’s suggestion. I ended up merging the controlCamera functions into move since both were trying to control the camera. I also changed to a 1st/3rd person chase camera with mouse look, mouse wheel zooming, y-axis mouse invert, and typical wasd movement. Zoom in far enough and it becomes a 1st person view. I haven’t touched (or looked at yet) the terrain, water, or shader code, although there seems to be something in the water reflections that is very sensitive to mouse movement. The camera code suffers a bit from feature creep and is not elegant, particularly when trying to keep the camera from clipping into the terrain. The view distance is reduced when necessary to try to maintain the desired camera pitch, so it will zoom in and out depending on the terrain.

This file should go into the same folder as the old Yarr.py file. I called it Yarr_new.py although this is my first experience with Mediafire’s free file hosting and don’t quite know what to expect. lol.

mediafire.com/?sharekey=81e8 … f6e8ebb871