Yet Another Blender Egg Exporter (YABEE)

yabee
blender

Okay, that seems to do the trick.

I was really confused about the difference of output between Blender and Panda3D. It seems like in Blender the (realtime) shading algorithm is very different to the one used in Panda3D.

Do you know which shading algorithm should I choose in Blender for Diffuse and Specular to get the end result as close to Panda3D as possible?

Now I still have the problem of the Simple -method not working for texture export. Of course, the Bake method always works (bcs the output textures are rendered by Blender Render), but I think it would be cool if somebody could figure out why the Simple -method does not work with this particular model.

I would personally suggest the “raw” texture mode. That’s what I tend to use, because it means the Panda textures will match the Blender representation closely. I don’t have a lot of experience with the “simple” mode.

As for which model to use: Lambert for diffuse, and CookTorr for specular (which isn’t actually CookTorr, mind you - the Blender specular models are seriously mislabeled) should match the default Panda shading model best.

Get this error trying to export a blender 2.78 non-cyclic NURBS curve.
pastebin.com/rq4k4myX

Attached: Curve blend file.
track.blend (418 KB)

Hello there people…

To begin with I was running yabee.py through Blender's script window which complained could not find module "io_scene_egg". After that I had to manually zip up YABEE-master after downloading off GitHub. Loading this zip file into Blender like the help file explained it worked.

Then I got " ID user decrement error "

WRITE main EGG to /Users/imac/Documents/Blender/pandaBOX.egg
ID user decrement error: MEboxvert.001 (from '[Main]'): 0 <= 0
ID user decrement error: TEclouds.001 (from '[Main]'): 0 <= 0

The .egg file was exported. Just with a warning.

Now I can model :slight_smile:

Kevin.

This looks useful; I do have one question. In the PDF it shows a dropdown menu with a bunch of YABEE configurable settings; where is this? I can’t seem to find it.

Nice job. I had problems with complex characters (multimeshed). But it does work well with single mesh. Here is the videos I recorded in case that it would help beginners like me:

Cheers,
Marcelo