XMPP gaming client

Hi, people.

I have finally distributed the first version of my panda3d-based gaming client; in case someone here have interest in looking at how the integration is done or whatever, you have the sources in the python’s cheese shop:

The core is here:
pypi.python.org/pypi/jubatu/0.1.0

and the chess plugin here:
pypi.python.org/pypi/jubatu-chess/0.1.0

For images, you can take a look at my blog (however, it’s all in spanish, sorry):
andreasnaive.blogspot.com

Regards.

Andreas

this looks like some sort of wxbased - panda3d hybrid. Can you symmery the benefits of using your code base?

Indeed it’s a wxpython-panda3d hybrid.

Basicly, the app use three main libraries: wxpython for the main GUI, pyxmpp for XMPP communication, and panda3d for the 3d interface.

Right now, panda3d is used to display the chess plugin’s 3d GUI; it’s displayed in a separated top-level window, so there is no real integration between wxpython and panda3d (i would love to do being able to put a panda3d view inside a wxpanel, however, as that would allow me to use wxpython to make a chat interface in the chess window in an ‘easy’ way).

I’m suppossing that the main interest of the sources for other panda3d’ users would be seing a working example of the multi-window scheme; you aren’t limited to one only panda3d window, but you can start so many chess games as you like, and you will get each one in a separate window. Months ago i bugged the people in this forum about that issue (specially to drwr), so i though it would be fair to show how all finally worked. The main source file for seeing this is ‘chess3dgui.py’, located in the ‘frontend’ directory in the chess plugin sources. Of course, it can be useful too as another example of how the main loops of wxpython and panda3d can be made to work cooperatively, but i’m guessing there are much more examples of this thing.

Is this description what you wanted?

yes thanks! While i think that using OS gui is a big hack. I am trying to make my own internal GUI but it tuning out to be a hard.