Where Beasts Were Born - Action-RPG with evolving creatures

I’ve been playing some more with lighting and shading and I’m getting closer to a look I think I like…
Here are some screenshots that I took while walking around a newly generated cave!

I’m looking for more ideas of how to fill these. Any ideas welcome! (Roots? Plants? Corpses? Skeletons? …)

3 Likes

Those caves look really good already, I do feel, and the lighting is a significant part of that I daresay! :slight_smile:

As to other things, your suggestions seem like they could work, indeed. Other that those, I might suggest mineral outcroppings or veins, crystals, small cave fauna, and (if applicable) stalagmites and stalactites.

Beyond that, I might suggest embarking on a bit of research on the sights that may be found in caves–perhaps you’ll discover further ideas that way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Started designing some characters.

I’m not really an artist, so things are going sloooow, but I think I like the general direction.

4 Likes

I think that these characters look pretty cool thus far! Good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The characters have great style. However, the selected character’s waist is too low in relation to the hips.

1 Like

Hey everyone - the game now has a Steam store page. If you want to help out or get notified about releases, wishlist here:

6 Likes

New DevLog!

This time, featuring:

• First in-game evolution prototype!
  • Thoughts on various game models
  • Very choppy visuals (I’m bringing my old laptop to it’s limits when recording gameplay footage…)

And, best of all - we have a live online demo of the beast generator!

5 Likes