What version of Python will Panda3d 1.9 use on a Mac?

Ok, let’s hope it’s minor enough. This was in Mac OS X 10.9.4, on a machine that never before had Panda installed, and which didn’t even have a /Developer directory before I installed Panda, let alone any dev tools. (It presumably doesn’t have Cg either, and Panda never complained about that.) I ran the installer from [problem with latest builds) .

When you start the program, the window ought to be in the screen center (at least it is on my usual mac, OS X 10.7.5 using Panda 1.8.1), but instead:

• it’s left justified on screen (leaving no space for my dock),

• it’s at or almost at the top of the screen (except it did leave room for my menubar),

• and it has a bug in positioning the content area of the window vs. the title bar of the window – the content area obscures the bottom half or so of the title bar. (The red/yellow/green buttons on the left of the window title bar are half-obscured, but still work if you move the mouse high enough over their visible parts – at least they all highlight, and the red one works to quit the program.)

Resizing the window (by dragging the bottom right corner) works, and makes this bug of obscured title bar go away.

I tried another test program and didn’t notice this bug, so it might depend on exactly what transforms are set up, or on exactly how the window size is initialized. (Or maybe I wasn’t looking carefully enough to see the bug.) (That program has a bug in programmatically moving the mouse, but until I debug that further I don’t want to blame the new Panda version specifically.)

I have a screenshot if you need it, but it’s not handy right now to post.

I didn’t yet try the new Panda on my usual Mac.