What design program to use

Helo, I want to know what program i should use to create environments. I have tried to upload my 3ds max environments with an older version of panda, last year, and i couldn’t get it to work. I now have maya and blender and want to know which one i should use, i dont want to run into the same compatible issues i had before.
Thanks

Maya is the best choice for a modeling program, Panda3D has excellent support for it.
The max exporter has very recently been rewritten and is much better now, except for a few bugs that will be fixed in the upcoming 1.5.4 release. I would count 3dsMax as second best.
There’s also support for blender, through the Chicken exporter:
chicken-export.sf.net/
It’s good, but not as good as the maya or max exporters. It’s a good choice if you want something that’s free, though.

thanks.
i have used the enviornments that used to be downloadable off this site and just put in their file name and they loaded fine. So when you say i need an exporter what does that mean, another command?

I will be using maya anyways, so i wont need an exporter right?

thank you

While Panda probably can load maya files directly, it’s advisable (and faster) to first use the Maya exporter to export it to .egg. I think the plugin can be found in C:\Panda3D-1.5.3\plugins\ , I’m not sure though.

bump Im Sorry bump

I used Max, but I dont know in what type I need to export my files. Can someone tell me? So I can move on with my game :slight_smile:

Thnx

Edit: Solve,d my fault