possibillity?

Regards,

Bart

My models do not show shaders when I load in a model from the website,
is this a conversion problem or does my graphical card do not respond
to commands like this?

Regards,

Bart

chicken exporter refers to blender export doesn’t it?.. well actually it should export the uv map correctly once you unwarped it using the uv-editor in blender.
and for your shaders… i dont really get it… models and shaders are seperated. usualy shaders do not load if you just load a model. you would have to load the model,load the shader and apply the shader to the model, AFAIK this requires some python code, just loading it propably wont work (thought i never used shaders befor so i’m not 100% shure)
have a look at the manual and the shader examples=)

good luck with your work
greetings
thomas e

I’d be glad to look at your problem if you mail me the .blend file. You can find my e-mail address at the Chicken homepage.
Are you sure it’s not exporting the UV maps, or is it perhaps that the exported texture paths are incorrect? One possible cause for this last problem could be that the textures are packed into the .blend file instead of standalone files.

Hello,

I have indeed found out that you can use as a path the texture folder in the models map, this is where other models use their textures, but with
much trouble you can see a uv texture like it is in blender with the ALTZ
mode, one side transparent and the other not. I also think it is bad that
you can not see subsurf in panda, but that is another problem, or does
it has to do with the exporter? I think I will sent you my blend file, I hope
this will stay discreet too.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Well, from your post I infer that the UV maps were exported correctly by Chicken. It seems you’re having trouble with how pview searches for textures instead.
Also Subsurf is not exported because Chicken will not consider any modifiers aside from the Armature modifier. Currently, the only way for a Blender script to see the effects of a modifier is to apply it, and applying the Subsurf modifier makes you lose the weight groups. This is why you should always apply all your modifiers before you animate a character if you intend to export it (I think I put that in the manual somewhere).
This may change at some point in the future but there’s not much I can do from the Blender script side.

I didn’t quite understand whether you still have a problem with exporting your file but if you do I’ll look into it. If you’re concerned about sending me your file, try making a simple .blend file that shows what the problem is. Whatever you decide to send me I will, of course, not redistribute.