Hi Panda people!
I’ve been developing a small game with my university group for the last few months, and finally we’re nearing the end of its implementation.
So far, we’ve been able to manage any and all issues on our own. However, we ran into a series of issues when we wanted to pack and redistribute our game (for testing).
The problem seems to be related to the requests package (see http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/). It’s not included by the Panda3d team, so we tried several solutions.
First we tried to include the requests module directly in the game folder, and using sys.path.insert(0, ‘’) right before importing the requests module. That did not work, providing the error message that “Module requests was not found”.
Then we tried to package the requests module ourselves (using ppackage) and hosting it on our own url.
Then we use -r requests,1,hostURL (and yes, we set the version number to 1 in the config.pdef file). This produced the same or a very similar error.
And yes, hostURL is an actual url in our attempts.
Then we tried using the base.appRunner.installPackage(requests, 1, hostURL) at runtime (before any other game code was initialized). This produced the same error that the module could not be found.
Myself and my group are pretty much going out of our skin with this issue; we’re so close to being ready to test, and our deadline is fast approaching.
Any experiences (issues or solutions) related to including third party libraries with the packp3d tool and pdeploy tools would be helpful.