ubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon package

Hi,

I’ve just joined the forums, Panda3d looks very promising. Before I begin my adventures with Panda3d I was wondering when the ubuntu gutsy package will be available? I noticed that some people are having trouble running Panda3d with gutsy?

Thanks,

C

The automated daily build from 2007/11/26 contains gutsy gibbon support. Take a look at the very bottom of the download page.

I’m on gutsy here and the feisty packages work for me without any problems.

Thanks for the quick reply, I’ll be sure to try it out! Sounds like a good forum group here. I’ve built a game already that uses a simple python/c++ engine that I might port over to Panda3D. Does anyone know how good the GUI system is for Panda3D? I looked at the example programs and they had one example with a button and a sliderbar (musicbox), but nothing more elaborate. The Docs had more GUI listed which is promising, but examples are always the best in my experience.

Thanks,

C

Unfortunately, the GUI system is one of the weaker parts of panda.

I still have problems with any of the example files that depend on render to texture. Does anyone know what is up with that?

Ubuntu 7.10
Quadro fx2000
Panda 1.14.1

This is a common problem under Linux. I can’t remember the cause… somebody want to remind me?

Yeah. Well, dunno excactly whats going on, but I had the same problems, before I did this:
discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php … hlight=Xgl

The problem does not appear to be XGL related. I am not running XGL on the system.

Does it help if you install the package “nvidia-glx-new”, and then execute the command “sudo nvidia-glx-config enable” ?

I will try that tonight. I have the nvidia glx driver installed using Envy, not the restricted driver system. I will try the enable command and see what happens…