Trying to get the web plug-in to work

I was playing with the web plug in and was trying to see if i could get the airblade demo to run off my server… it runs just fine off of my test server but when I try to upload it to my GoDaddy Hosting it won’t run… was hoping somebody could see if I as doing something wrong before i call up hosting tech support

http://flex.openswimsoftware.com/omega13/Packager-web-iframe/panda3d/omega13wrapper.html

I see two problems.

(1) You didn’t close the outer tag. Probably not a show-stopper, browsers are pretty forgiving.

(2) There doesn’t appear to be a panda3dapp.p3d file at the same location, so your reference is bad. See, flex.openswimsoftware.com/omega1 … a3dapp.p3d returns a 404.

David

The p3d file is there GoDaddy just doesn’t let you see none web files to prevent people from downloading them and I’m not sure where you are talking about the object tag not being closed… here is the code from the html file maybe you can point out what im missing:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled document</title>
</head>
<body>
<table style="height: 100%;" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>
<object width="640" height="480" id="gameApp" type="application/x-panda3d" data="panda3dapp.p3d">
<object width="640" height="480" classid="CLSID:924B4927-D3BA-41EA-9F7E-8A89194AB3AC">
<param name="data" value="panda3dapp.p3d" />
</object>
</object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Hmm, well, that’s going to be a real problem. Maybe you can persuade GoDaddy that a .p3d file is a legitimate web file for hosting. Or maybe you can try giving it a different extension; it should work in the object tag anyway.

That code doesn’t appear to be what’s actually online. Here is the code I see when I visit the URL and select “view source”:

<table height="100%" width="100%">
	<tr>
    	<td>
        	<object width="640" height="480" id="gameApp" type="application/x-panda3d" data="panda3dapp.p3d">
        	<object width="640" height="480" classid="CLSID:924B4927-D3BA-41EA-9F7E-8A89194AB3AC">
            	<param name="data" value="panda3dapp.p3d" />
        	</object>
        </td>
	</tr>

</table>

David

Thanks… I figured it was GoDaddies problem but wanted to cover all my bases first.

Ok so i found the problem apparently why it worked on my test server is that I’m using Apache and thats what I’m used to but my GoDaddy hosting uses IIS7 which needs me to specify MIME types. For anyone else who has a problem:

You need a web.config file in the same or a higher up directory then your .p3d file containing the following code:

<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <staticContent>
            <mimeMap fileExtension=".p3d" mimeType="application/x-panda3d" />
     </staticContent>
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>