trouble with blender models in Panda

I’m new to Panda3D and I am trying to make a chessboard with my own Blender images. I have the chicken exporter to create the egg files from my models/animations. However, whenever I load an image into panda3D, it shows up as a 2d figure and just doesn’t look like it should. I know panda has a sample chess game, but I’m not using that because my project involves integration of my own Blender models. Could anyone give me pieces of code or something that could help me? If you want, I could send an e-mail of my blender model of just a simple square so that someone could look at it. Thank you! Any help is much appreciated!

judged from your vague describtion. it sounds like you have no lights in your scene, thus lighting/shading is missing and it looks like it has no depth.
try adding a light if thats the case

Thanks, Here is the code that I have so far. It’s not much yet, and I have messed around with a lot of other coding, but here is the basic code without any lighting. Could you tell me what position I should set it at and how to do the lighting? Thanks!

import direct.directbase.DirectStart
from pandac.PandaModules import CollisionTraverser,CollisionNode
from pandac.PandaModules import CollisionHandlerQueue,CollisionRay
from pandac.PandaModules import AmbientLight,DirectionalLight,LightAttrib
from pandac.PandaModules import TextNode
from pandac.PandaModules import Point3,Vec3,Vec4,BitMask32
from direct.gui.OnscreenText import OnscreenText
from direct.showbase.DirectObject import DirectObject
from direct.task.Task import Task
import sys

#First we define some contants for the colors
BLACK = Vec4(0,0,0,1)

square = loader.loadModel(“models/square”)
square.setScale(2,2,2)
square.reparentTo(render)
square.setPos(0,10,0)
square.setColor(BLACK)

run()

Of course, if you make it black, you won’t see anything, just the silhouette.