Traversal and positioning inheritance of collision nodes

First off, sorry if parts of this are incoherent; when I come to the forums straight after a coding binge, I can get pretty jumbled.

So, here’s my rough situation:

I am attempting to have some collision solids associated with particular actors inherit the position of those actors. I am also attempting to make all collisions nodes associated with clickable objects (which includes these actors) traversible in a single call to base.cTrav.traverse(), which I’ve been doing by attaching all collision nodes to an overarching node.

I’m just not sure how to make the inheritance work on this one, or if it’s possible. If I first attach the collision nodes to the actors, then reparent the actors to the overarching holder of collision nodes, then the inheritance doesn’t seem to ‘carry through’, that is, the collision nodes are unclickable / aren’t traversed through when I call the traverser on the overarching node.

However, if I simply add the collision nodes directly to the overarching collision node holder, then they don’t inherit positioning from the actors.

It seems to be a bit of a conundrum. I’m banking on the idea that there is, in fact, some way to attach the collision nodes to the actors and then attach the actors to the overarching node, and I’m just not doing it right.

And I suppose, worst case, I write a wrapper function that makes multiple calls to the traverser as appropriate, but I’d like to avoid that if possible. Can any individuals wiser in the ways of Panda3D enlighten me as to what my options are?

What you describe is perfectly doable. I don’t know why it’s not working for you; we’ll probably need more information to help you solve it.

David