Thinking of a dungeon project ala Bards Tale

Does anyone have any pointers on how to set up the first person dungeon environment?

I’m a real noob so if theres a fAQ to this, or its been discussed somewhere else, I’ll be happy to go read up! :slight_smile:

I THINK I would basically create a series of ‘gerbil tubes’ and connect them all together?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Welcome to Panda3d!

You may want to take a look at the example called “Roaming Ralph”. If you are using the Windows version of Panda3d it can be found in this directory along with all the other tutorials: C:\Panda3D-1.2.3\samples.

Roaming Ralph is third person, but you can see the basic idea of getting a character to move on a terrain with the keyboard.

Building a dungeon is basically the same thing, just make the dungeon in your poly modeler, load your player model and dungeon and point the camera at it.

Currently, there are no tutorials for the specific game you are looking to create. What we have to do is look at all the tutorials and manual and see if we can apply/adapt the principles contained within them to our games.

I hope this gets you started.

Steve

That’s kinda the example I was looking at.

Thanks for the response!

You may want to look also at the example tutorial “Collision Detection”.

It’s probably closer to a tube-like structure than Roaming Ralph, but you’ll just need to take the keyboard parts from Roaming Ralph.

Steve