Switching to 1.8 stuck in the past

Not sure why or if it’s a bug of the clean up code. I am using window 7 64bit with a lot of ram and disk space, with 12GB of ram. I uninstalled 1.7.2 and notice that it was leaving some files behinde in the start menu. Delete them and then did a install of 1.8.0. I check to see what version of python it was using and notice a 27.dll python file. I also check the python.exe to see what version. I had to install some other add on such as the pycrypto. When I went to install the pycrypto it says it can not find python 2.7… I made sure it was the pycrypto-2.6.win32-py2.7 version. As I was installing it… it said there was no version 2.7, but it saw a 2.6… so I went to install the version 2.6 verion… and it gives me a error that it can’t run the 2.7…

Somewhere some how something really bad happen and I was wondering how to fix it?

It means the registry key for Python 2.7 was removed somehow. I think that the Panda installer is supposed to write the proper registry key, but somehow it didn’t write it?

The registry key is Software\Python\PythonCore\2.7\InstallPath ; it is supposed to contain C:\Panda3D-1.8.0\python .

It’s putting 2.6 in there instead of 2.7 but still links back to the right folder.
Software\Python\PythonCore\2.6\InstallPath; C:\Panda3D-1.8.0\python

Changeing the value to 2.7 fix the issue… thanks! Guess my computer likes to derp out… idk…Should I still send in a ticket and how would I do such a thing?

This was a bug in 1.8.0, and it has already been fixed in CVS. The 1.8.1 installer will do it properly.

Alright awesome! I might have found a few more bugs tho…: Was working in 1.7.2

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Modules/Pstate.py", line 1, in <module>
    import sys, os, ast, hashlib, socket, select, zipfile, traceback, base64
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.8.0\python\lib\zipfile.py", line 462, in <module>
    class ZipExtFile(io.BufferedIOBase):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'BufferedIOBase'

Do you have an io.py file in your project? If so, rename it to something else, it is conflicting with a Python module.

After a bit of searching, it turns out we are also using a io.py. Sorry, we will have to rename. Thanks.

Man, soo much work just to switch xD